New Freqs or TGs for Calfire in SFBay/CA?

Wizard713

Apologies for any protocol flubs... first time posting in these forums.

I live in central Contra Costa County and monitor "ConFire" as well as Cal Fire, as necessary. All pertinent tactical frequencies were coming through, but lately ConFire has been switching to "Delta 1" or "Delta 2" for SRA incidents. These used to switch to "CDF TAC 2" and sometimes 9. Now... nothing.

I've dug through every scrap of information I can find online. Radiorefrence, scancal, Cal Fire sites, etc and find no reference at all to these names. I used to have a great contact at ConFire, but unfortunately for me he either moved on, or retired.

Any possibility that any of you have any insights you could share? Thanks!

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
This is from a somewhat older radio temple, not 100% sure if it's still accurate or not but I'm making a somewhat educated guess that this is what they are referring to.

Screenshot_20240701_002622_Drive.jpg

Wizard713

I recognize most of those and have them programmed. Can you please provide a link to that graphic? VCONC(ENTRAL) and VCON E(AST) were not lighting up at all. Even though they look like they could correspond to DELTA 1 & DELTA 2.

Wizard713

I have Delta 1 listed as EBRCS TG 6068

And I have it as tactical P8... which I had locked out, for whatever reason 🙄. Did you hear the incident Lafayette on Sunday afternoon?

Attachments

• 20240701_020358.jpg
    20240701_020358.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 3

qc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it's used for wildland responses in East County for units on the scene, but they are using TG 6034 East Tactical/Command For wildland
60341792TCONFD C5East Tactical/Command

qc

Premium Subscriber
That is not a problem. Thank you for updating it. Since we're wildfire season, I will monitor Central and West Con Fire ICS. I bet they made some changes there, also

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
Fire agencies in Contra Costa County use dual band radios that operate on EBRCS and VHF. To "avoid confusion" they refer to their channels by zone and channel number rather than title. As an example, CON WEST is displayed when they are on the west end dispatch channel, but the channel is in Zone E channel 1 in all fire radios. They refer to it as "Echo 1", rather than "CON WEST".

Looking at the 2020 master fleetmap, "Delta 1" is "V CON C", which is the VHF version of CON CENT, 160.110 MHz. It is not an EBRCS channel, but is sometimes patched to an EBRCS talkgroup from a dispatch console.

TG 6068 is displayed as "XCC ICS 8" on fire radios, and since it's the eighth channel in their "Alpha/Echo" zone they refer to it as "Alpha Echo 8". Listing it as "Delta 1" is incorrect.

Fire guys confuse me.

officer_415

Database Admin
Looking at the 2020 master fleetmap, "Delta 1" is "V CON C", which is the VHF version of CON CENT, 160.110 MHz. It is not an EBRCS channel, but is sometimes patched to an EBRCS talkgroup from a dispatch console.

TG 6068 is displayed as "XCC ICS 8" on fire radios, and since it's the eighth channel in their "Alpha/Echo" zone they refer to it as "Alpha Echo 8". Listing it as "Delta 1" is incorrect.

Traffic has been recorded on TG 6068 with field units and a dispatcher calling the talkgroup "Delta 1"

Wizard713

Yes, it's used for wildland responses in East County for units on the scene, but they are using TG 6034 East Tactical/Command For wildland
60341792TCONFD C5East Tactical/Command
That particular one is usually their first pick for a tac channel, for any larger incidents. Often and especially lately, those will be LRA wildland responses, yes. With 6053 as their dispatch "CON C1 EST", is how it displays for me.

Wizard713

Hookay! For whatever reason, I stopped receiving emails when folks posted replies. Still "Watching" the thread, so I don't know what's going on there. I appreciate all the good info. Sounds like my Delta 1 mystery is solved, thanks everyone!

I'm curious to see what other changes crop up. I've had all the pertinent "V" & CDF freqs, etc programmed in my BCT15X, for a long time. I use it a lot during the season. I've been thinking about getting an external base antenna for it... but if they move over to the P25 system, my HH picks up the repeaters, just dandy.

officer_415

Database Admin
Doing some more listening to Broadcastify Calls, I've found the following new training talkgroups:

6017 - Mike 7 (formerly training I-5)
6018 - Mike 8 (formerly training I-6)
6019 - Mike 9
6020 - Mike 10

Also, CONFD P1 (TG 6061) was referred to on the air as "Charlie 11" on July 4.

So it looks like they've done some significant reorganization of their talkgroup template.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that any dispatch console can patch talkgroups together. You may hear them say Delta 1, but that doesn't mean their radio is set to Delta 1 if Delta 1 is also patched to Alpha Echo 8. Rely on the fleetmap, not on traffic.

Also, they have many talkgroups entered in more than one group. For example, the east dispatch channel "CON DSP E" is in "Charlie 1", "Oscar 2", "Alpha/Bravo 2", "Alpha/Juliet 6", "Alpha/Kilo 6", "Alpha/Lima 2", "Bravo/Bravo 13", and "Bravo/Delta 16". All of those display CON DSP E and use the same talkgroup.

Labeling the channels in the database as "Charlie 1" and such is a recipe for madness. They should be left as the display name.

Per the 2020 fleetmap that is still in use on all the radios in the system:

6017 - CON TRN 5
6018 - CON TRN 6
6029 - CON SPARE - May be patched
6020 - CON SPARE - May be patched
6053 - CON DSP E
6069 - XCC ICS 9

When I'm at work tomorrow, I'll walk over to the fire side and ask if they've received any new fleetmaps in the past couple months, but the last time I saw one a few months back it was still the 2020 version I'm referring to here.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
I should also mention, these are the CON Fire channel designations, not EBRCS naming. ALCO Fire has their radios programmed their way. So CON DSP E is "Alpha/Charlie 1", to add even more confusion.

The only commonality is that they all display it as "CON DSP E", which is the EBRCS naming convention.