New frequencies Lavaca County

LCRS980

Our county just put up new microwave towers and got new frequencies. These new license are on the fcc site. How do you know if they are encrypted frequencies? I have had a scanner fr years but now I am unable to hear. If they have gone with encryption there is no need in buying a new scanner. Since I am a rookie can someone help me.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Our county just put up new microwave towers and got new frequencies. These new license are on the fcc site. How do you know if they are encrypted frequencies? I have had a scanner fr years but now I am unable to hear. If they have gone with encryption there is no need in buying a new scanner. Since I am a rookie can someone help me.
Hi welcome to radio reference and yes you certainly can get help.

You may want to start with the state, County and local town that you live in so that members can look up you in the database. Can't do anything without that LOL.

Anytime you are looking at a database talk group.. a large E indicates full-time encryption, a small e indicates part-time encryption but it's always changing.

Once you supply that information I requested you're going to get plenty of help here, once again, welcome to radio reference.

nd5y

Our county just put up new microwave towers and got new frequencies. These new license are on the fcc site. How do you know if they are encrypted frequencies?
If all you know is what is on the FCC license then there is no way to tell because encryption isn't indicated on the license.

LCRS980

Thanks.

This in Texas, Lavaca County. The FCC has their new call signs as WRPV625, WRPV627, WRPV28, and WRPV630.
I can't even find where the EMS have a license.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. Not what I wanted to hear but it is what it is I guess. Thanks Whiskey3JMC
Don't hit the panic button yet. You cannot hear microwave frequencies on a scanner because the frequencies are so high that typical scanners cannot hear them. Also, microwave frequencies tend to be "straight line" from site to site, kind of line a pipe line.

I imagine you can ask the encryption question in the Texas page and get some feedback. Or you could ask the local government people there as in elected officials. As in "Hey are you guys encrypting your police/fire/ems radio traffic? If so, why and what are you gonna do so us citizens know what all the sirens are about? How do we know if we need to bring our kids inside, etc."

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

...Deleted

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I would continue to check the Part 90 licenses currently or previously held by the county, just because they added microwave towers doesn't mean there won't be other voice comms. The county has a total of 7 licenses under the FRN 0001669589, with 5 expired licenses and two (WQAW527 and WREW650) still current. I'd listen to all 7 licenses though as many agencies aren't good at filing renewals.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Here are some freqs for Lavaca Co. from RR:
Lavaca Co:
158.9875 NAC465 P25 Sheriff disp
154.2275 NAC465 P25 Sheriff secondary
155.1375 PL107.2 Lavaca FD dispatch
158.7750 PL107.2 Shiner FD dispatch

Hallettsville:
154.7925 NAC465 P25 PD dispatch
155.7600 CSQ PD car/car
156.1950 NAC465 P25 Law Tac
122.9000 Airport

Moulton:
155.9700 PL173.8 PD dispatch

Yoakum (Lavaca/DeWitt):
155.2500 PL107.2 PD dispatch
155.2500 NAC465 PD(e) dispatch- (e) some encryption
154.4000 NAC465 P25 FD dispatch
155.8350 PL107.2 Yoakum public works
122.9000 Airport

The only trunked system listed is Lower Colorado River Authority; and it's an Open Sky system; not monitorable on
any scanner.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack PRO 197. I was planning on maybe buying a new scanner but Uniden says they have to have the frequencies on radiorefernce, but the new frequencies have not been posted. The website I found the new frequencies on is License Search - Advanced License Search
This is not correct and I don't where you read that, no scanner "have to have" frequencies on Radio Reference to be entered in a scanner, all true scanners I'm aware of can be manually programmed through programming software or keypad.

LCRS980

This is not correct and I don't where you read that, no scanner "have to have" frequencies on Radio Reference to be entered in a scanner, all true scanners I'm aware of can be manually programmed through programming software or keypad.
The guy at Uniden said they would pre program a new scanner with the frequencies on Radio Reference. I told him that the frequencies had been changed and he said until they were on updated on RR they couldn't pre program the new frequencies. I gave him copies of what was on FCC and he said that was enough info. So I don't know.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The guy at Uniden said they would pre program a new scanner with the frequencies on Radio Reference. I told him that the frequencies had been changed and he said until they were on updated on RR they couldn't pre program the new frequencies. I gave him copies of what was on FCC and he said that was enough info. So I don't know.
Doesn't mean you can't do it, the scanner can be programmed with other freqs. All he was telling you is they couldn't program freqs they don't know, after you gave him the freqs they programmed it.

FrensicPic

Premium Subscriber
Uniden probably just uses Radio Reference as a source of frequencies. I'm sure Scannermaster and others do as well.

ecps92

FCC license doesn't mean they are actually in use....
could be future, could be for the "BIG ONE"