New Frequency for Indianapolis (ZID) Air Route Traffic Control Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazz

New frequency for Indianapolis Center Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) in the Southern Ohio area.

The frequency is 135.425 MHz and the remote communications transmitter is located at the Ohio University Airport (KUNI)

The sector number will be #6 and the name reported for it will be the Yeager (???) sector

tazz

Where did you find this out? I haven’t noticed it on NFDC yet.

I heard and verified the frequency yesterday when I was in the Athens, Ohio area. I can also confirm the remote transmitter is located at the Ohio University Airport (KUNI) because I was at the airport also yesterday, and transmission between the controller and aircraft were really strong.

Information was also verified on a Facebook post later in the evening when I talked to one of the guys that installed the equipment at the airport for the remote transmitter. He also gave me the sector number and name for that frequency.

jsoergel

I heard and verified the frequency yesterday when I was in the Athens, Ohio area. I can also confirm the remote transmitter is located at the Ohio University Airport (KUNI) because I was at the airport also yesterday, and transmission between the controller and aircraft were really strong.

Information was also verified on a Facebook post later in the evening when I talked to one of the guys that installed the equipment at the airport for the remote transmitter. He also gave me the sector number and name for that frequency.

Any idea what the UHF pairing is?

spanky15805

So if I'm looking at the Flight watch web site correctly;

Cleveland Flight Watch - ZOB - 135.425
Indianapolis Flight Watch - ZID - 134.825

What am I missing in the OP? Looked for NOTAM's in both ZID and ZOB.

jsoergel

So if I'm looking at the Flight watch web site correctly;

Cleveland Flight Watch - ZOB - 135.425
Indianapolis Flight Watch - ZID - 134.825

What am I missing in the OP? Looked for NOTAM's in both ZID and ZOB.

They aren’t used anymore - Flight Watch discontinued all their frequencies a while back when they did away with EFAS. This is a new sector for ZID.

AirScan

The frequency is 135.425 MHz and the remote communications transmitter is located at the Ohio University Airport (KUNI)

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone able to tell if it's a high or a low altitude sector ?

tazz

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone able to tell if it's a high or a low altitude sector ?

I have been hearing most traffic checking in from 32,000 - 38,000 feet

Some guy that's a member of a Facebook group I am on said he checked in on that frequency at 5,500 feet flying VFR. I think he was lying about that.

FYI....I also called yesterday over to the Ohio University Airport (KUNI) where the remote transmitter location is, and they had no clue that Indy Center had a new frequency in the area.

So, the mystery continues.

jsoergel

I have been hearing most traffic checking in from 32,000 - 38,000 feet

Some guy that's a member of a Facebook group I am on said he checked in on that frequency at 5,500 feet flying VFR. I think he was lying about that.

FYI....I also called yesterday over to the Ohio University Airport (KUNI) where the remote transmitter location is, and they had no clue that Indy Center had a new frequency in the area.

So, the mystery continues.

It could be an intermediate sector between 125.075 (high) and 133.775 (super high). It may also be that 133.775 is now super high above 132.825, and the new sector is super high above 125.075.

I would suggest listening to where flights get handed to, that might give some clues. It’s probably simulcasting a UHF frequency that could point to the existing sectors as well.

Sting11

I looked through the NFDDs through the first of the year and found nothing. I‘ll see what I can figure out when I go back to work Sunday, if the mystery isn’t solved prior to that.

tazz

It could be an intermediate sector between 125.075 (high) and 133.775 (super high). It may also be that 133.775 is now super high above 132.825, and the new sector is super high above 125.075.

I would suggest listening to where flights get handed to, that might give some clues. It’s probably simulcasting a UHF frequency that could point to the existing sectors as well.

It was discussed the other night on a Facebook group that the frequency will be filling a gap of poor radio coverage in the area from Zanesville, Ohio to the Charleston, West Virginia.

Other frequencies / sectors that flights on the 135.425 MHz are being handed off to are the following ones I have heard so far

135.800 MHz Indy Center Sector 78 Springfield (High)
132.825 MHz Indy Center Sector 87 Appleton (High)
123.775 MHz Indy Center Sector 93 Dacos (Ultra High)
120.275 MHz Indy Center Sector 95 Henderson (Ultra High)
134.700 MHz Indy Center Sector 76 Batesville (Ultra High)
135.135 MHz Indy Center Sector 79 Bobcat (High)
119.875 MHz Cleveland Center Sector 48 Ravenna (High)
125.425 MHz Cleveland Center Sector 66 Bellaire (High)

AirScan

Other frequencies / sectors that flights on the 135.425 MHz are being handed off to

Thanks for that. If it helps it all attached is a copy of my notes for that area. So it appears to cover the same area as ZID77, which makes sense given the location of KUNI.

Probably harder to tell with the reduced traffic volume as I suspect it would often be combined with ZID77 and then ZID87 and ZID97, but is the new frequency being used as an ultra-high (FL350 and above) ? To supplement 125.075 ? Or as new intermediate somewhere between (FL240 to 340) with reorganized vertical boundaries between high and ultra-high ?

Attachments

• ZID.jpg
    ZID.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 67

xms3200

Premium Subscriber
tazz, could you please share the Facebook group that discusses the frequencies you are talking about, would love to read all the info out there, Thanks

tazz

Thanks for that. If it helps it all attached is a copy of my notes for that area. So it appears to cover the same area as ZID77, which makes sense given the location of KUNI.

Probably harder to tell with the reduced traffic volume as I suspect it would often be combined with ZID77 and then ZID87 and ZID97, but is the new frequency being used as an ultra-high (FL350 and above) ? To supplement 125.075 ? Or as new intermediate somewhere between (FL240 to 340) with reorganized vertical boundaries between high and ultra-high ?

Thanks for sending along the sector map.

I have one but it is way outdated.INDY CENTER SECTORS LARGE.JPG

jsoergel

After listening today, I think that 125.075 is the high sector, 135.425 is intermediate, and 133.775 is super high.

It seems that 135.425 covers the same area as 133.775.

Status
Not open for further replies.