BCD436HP/BCD536HP: [New FW update] Private calls showing as group ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw0cqu

Hi Upman Paul / RR folks

So I loaded the new firmware onto the Uniden 436. And generally whilst it seems to be a bit more
polished performance wise I noted one error.

On a local CAP+ system It displayed TGID 12345 during a private call from 12345 to 23456

Ok so it correctly relayed the audio - which is cool - But I thought part of the goal here was to fix these
TG related errors ? did this one drop through the test programme ?

whilst I have your collective ear - I need to have a few terse words with Uniden relating to 436 build quality , release strategy etc. I don't think its appropriate to air my grievances here - it may end up in a warranty repair. whats the most effective way to get directly to Uniden's scanners dept please guys?

I could go via the seller - but I don't feel its fair to beat those guys up on something that they sold in good
faith.

73 de 'CQU

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that too. Regular talkgroups are working correctly and displaying correctly, but private "I-Calls" are showing up sometimes as a regular talkgroup. I noticed this when the talkgroup displayed and the ID is the same number, and it will usually continue to be wrong until the end of the conversation. Sometimes it switches over to displaying the iXXX number and sometimes not. I'd say it happens about 20-30 percent of the time, it will be wrong. I'm running the .31 firmware on a 436.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Whoever initiates the icall, that radio id is the tg. Then it should repeat for source id. And then show the rid of the user called. Mine has always worked this way that i can tell.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.