New genius antenna design (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Check out this ad for a new antenna design that was in the works for 3 years. All I can say is wow.

The designer has discovered that "Most indoor antenna's made today were designed for analog CRT type TV's of bygone days. The new ATSC 8-VSB digital TV signal does not behave like an analog signal! Our antenna's are design specifically for ATSC 8 and the future 16-VSB standards"

Wow, what a freaking genius. Maybe this will pull in specifically digital P25 and DMR signals better? The designer goes on to say "The Digital TV signal has very little in common with the old conventional analog TV signal. So that is why you need an antenna that is designed for digital TV reception and that is why ours looks different from all the others on the market!

Wow. Never mind his antenna elements look suspiciously like kitchen whisks that were cut and bent apart. Oh wait, here is what he says about the kitchen whisks "Unique geometry coupled with a proprietary BI-Metal antenna element allows our antenna's to receive long range TV signals without an amplifier!"

My mind has just been blown, somebody please give this guy an award of some kind. Apparently we have been making antennas wrong all this time. Need to copy this so we can make better "digital" antennas in the future.

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
They make everything with carbon-fiber looking materials, a sure sign of quality products. Check out their website:

hdantennaguys

Very catchy product names.

prcguy

My side hurts from laughing after reading this: "So beware of counterfeit copycat antenna's! Without our bi-metal element technology any other knockoff antenna will not come close to our performance!" Bi-metal cooking whisks?

Can't stop laughing, ouch! Who is going to counterfeit this stuff? Maybe a chef???? Haaaaa... ouch..

They make everything with carbon-fiber looking materials, a sure sign of quality products. Check out their website:

hdantennaguys

Very catchy product names.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I just knew it! I'm in the wrong darned business. I could have been recycling my surfeit of cooking utensils...
:ROFLMAO:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I just knew it! I'm in the wrong darned business. I could have been recycling my surfeit of cooking utensils...
:ROFLMAO:

I know, right?

That's my retirement plan. I'm going to go into the "magic" antenna business.

I figure the uglier I make the antenna, the more I'll sell. All I need is a really good writer to do the marketing claims. I figure I can build antennas out of 50¢ of Romex, some PVC pipes, and random crap I get a Dollar General, and make millions!

ab3a

Snake-oil salesmen tend to target antennas more than most things because very few people really understand what they're buying. The math and physics theory can be daunting.

So yeah, there goes another steaming pile of marketing nonsense. I used to laugh at it until I realized that many people actually believe this nonsense and it is so difficult to refute that it's like trying to correct people on the Internet because they are wrong.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Well, here's what I'm waiting for:
1. Someone will chime in about how they bought one and it's the "greatest" antenna they ever used and try to convince us.
- 1.5. They'll tell us it was the best they could afford and that we shouldn't make fun of them (a-la BaoTurds, CCR's, etc)
2. Who ever is selling those things will find this thread, and try to defend their claims.
3. Someone is going to buy one and hook it up to their Baofeng to prove us all wrong.
4. They will make an "FRS" version, a separate GMRS version (that costs more), a MURS version, a Ham version, a scanner version (DC-daylight coverage with thirty seven and a half dB of gain, a CB version, and a SSB CB version because SSB is different than AM.
5. I'll get sued for slander or something else that isn't true.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
They used over 20 exclamation points in their marketing note and destroyed four good whisks to make a "bi-directional antenna".

My design uses only one undamaged whisk at the top providing superior omni-directional functionality.
Plus - My DIY instruction kit is free!

1. Get the whisk out of your kitchen drawer
2. Use any old wire and connect one end to the loop on the handle
3. Connect the other end of the wire to your TV
4. Hang or position the whisk as high as you can indoors with the beater end upwards

NEW and Improved Versions!!!
Wrap the whisk using aluminum foil
- or -
Use it as a directional antenna by pointing the larger end of the whisk toward the TV signal! - Super high signal gain+++!!! +Tactical +HD +Supersize Fries

batteries not included

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
OK, here we go...

Low band version:

Quarter Wave UHF version:

Circular polarized verion (RHCP) for GPS/Iridium use (LHCP for use in southern hemisphere by special order):

Collapsable "Tactical" version:

Wide band version (AKA Interop-Whisk):

"Pride" version:

Tactical Pride model:

CCW (Cheap Chinese Whisk) version, whisk includes flashlight and AM/FM radio. Buy 24 complete whisks for the price of one Motorola whisk battery:

Low profile/Transit/Phantom Whisk antenna:

Low PIM version:

WiFi 2.4/5.8GHz version:

"You've been a bad boy" antenna version:

Status
Not open for further replies.