new Gogebic County VHF license

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb8zxe

I am wondering if anyone in the Gogebic County area has any idea on a new VHF license for the county. I was looking around and found this.

WQSU263 (GOGEBIC COUNTY 911) FCC Callsign Details

The county is on MPSCS so I am not sure what they are going to do with this. Its such a small county I was surprised to see it. Perhaps some grant money will be spent here??

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Gogebic

My county is also on the MPSCS however Fire and EMS paging are still on VHF. They also have an EMS back up frequency on VHF in case. So just because they are on 800 doesn't mean they can't still have paging and back up on VHF. Many communities in the lower penisula control their weather sirens over VHF too.

I am wondering if anyone in the Gogebic County area has any idea on a new VHF license for the county. I was looking around and found this.

WQSU263 (GOGEBIC COUNTY 911) FCC Callsign Details

The county is on MPSCS so I am not sure what they are going to do with this. Its such a small county I was surprised to see it. Perhaps some grant money will be spent here??

CapnJon

All pages are still VHF here in Gogebic Co. Some County utilities still use VHF. Co Road Comm just switched to 800 last year. Hearn/Beacon Amb is somewhat on VHF too.

kb8zxe

Thanks CapnJon I was just curious what the new license will be used for.

I do have a radio in Gogebic County at my dad's and use it to stream fire dispatch to my house where I record it.
Home

Status
Not open for further replies.