New Grand Canyon University (GCU) license

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

In the past there have been questions about GSU security. Here is a new license for a new GCU Trunked system that has notes "Applicant is a university. Radios used for campus security and personnel." They may be moving (or already moved) off the Creative Trunked system to their own system.

I'm not close enough, but for those of you a little closer to campus, give these frequencies a try and let us know what you hear:

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring.

I may not get any hits though. I don't have a Windows based computer yet and I don't want to partition my Mac. My new 536HP doesn't bring in a lot of stuff it should like Maricopa County SO, Arizona State University, City of Phoenix Water, business frequencies, and such, even when directly entered.

GCU is a weird entity, in that they are a private religious-based university, but somehow has a State certified police department and the ubiquitous security department.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Let me re-verify both freqs. later today. Is there any other info that the Database needs to be complete?

It comes up as DMR.

I'm also collecting short bursts of 'buzzsaw' jamming. Perhaps it is encryption, but it sounds like military jammers I used to hear.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Again! If it is a DMR CAP trunk system, we will also need to identify LCNs (Logical Channel Numbers). Here is video that goes into LCN finder function on BCD536HP if you are not familiar with this function:

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
What I've discovered so far is:

Nt: Zero
S: Zero
Talk Groups: Zero and 40
Units: 1112, 37994
Color: 7 S 1 and 7 S 2

All on 935.0375 MHz.
Zero traffic on 925.0500 MHz.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
The dispatch center is 37994 with a female voice sending units to unlock rooms and doing welfare checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.