New GRE firmware follows DTRS patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyB

Yes for example if you log Lookout Mtn with Pro96Com especially in the late nights you will notice at least 4 or 5 CSP TG's from NE and Eastern Colo especially are patched to thereby reduce number of dispatchers needed in Lakewood.

Jim<

It's great being able to track troop 6C at work and not having the Weld EMS TG in order to catch all Weld and Greeley Fire radio traffic.

Other than the Gunbarrel site (which has much of nothing on it) I can only receive the Bald Mountain site (West of Loveland) at the daytime job. Since I have an interest in Troop 3A it's in the Weld scanlist. For those not familiar 90% of the time 3A is patched to 3C and vice versa.

Now that patch tracking is a reality in both GRE and RS latest digital scanners you need to take into consideration that the target TG you wish to monitor, in my case Troop 3A, has to have a radio on that TG affiliated with the tower you are tracking on.

3C is usually on the Bald site 24/7. However having only the 3A group in the list only works if someone on the 3A group is affiliated with that tower if not the site does not broadcast the patch info on the control channel and you hear nothing until someone on 3A affiliates with it.

Basically if you are targeting listening to a certain CSP troop consider whether or not the tower you are tracking on (in single site mode) has users of that TG on it on a regular basis or if in multi-site (stat with check all CC's).

So for Scanlist's example if 3A didn't have any units on Bald you would not hear it even if it was patched with 3C which did have a unit on Bald if you had 3A programmed into the scanlist but it you would hear 3A traffic if it was patched to 3C and you had 3C in the scanlist (since 3C has units affiliated)?

Also if I understand right when there is a patch there is a TG that is patched to another TG (so in a sense there is a master and a slave). Before this update you would hear the traffic for both only on the 'master' channel so if you had that channel in you would hear traffic for both TG. But if you had the 'slave' channel you would hear nothing. So if 3A and 3C were patched together would one always be the 'master' and the other the 'slave' or would they flip roles? Hope this makes sense.

04Z1V6

I don't know if anyone noticed but it seemed they were using Pueblo and other dispatch centers, one of the troopers asked why Denver was not being used and the response was " Denver is down because a scheduled fiber optic change had problems".. It was patch central yesterday AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.