New GRE firmware follows DTRS patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickak

All,

Thought everyone would be interested in the new GRE 500/600 firmware that was released today. This firmware follows DTRS patches!

I've been waiting for a long long time for a scanner to do this.

Rick

Steve2003

The update works flawlessly on the State DTRS system. Now I can listen to a single troop without running Pro96Comm to figure out if it is patched or not. Troop 6A can now be heard every time I manually tune to to the 6A talkgroup. My PSR500 even shows "patch" on the display when a talkgroup is being patched. Thanks GRE!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
All,

Thought everyone would be interested in the new GRE 500/600 firmware that was released today. This firmware follows DTRS patches!

I've been waiting for a long long time for a scanner to do this.

Rick

Wow a GREAT addition to monitoring in the state and an easy download.

Thanks for the good news Rick.

Jim<

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

So basically, when you hear, for example, 3C and 3A on a single TG, they are patched? So in that scenario, I would be able to only listen to 3c?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

So basically, when you hear, for example, 3C and 3A on a single TG, they are patched? So in that scenario, I would be able to only listen to 3c?

Yes for example if you log Lookout Mtn with Pro96Com especially in the late nights you will notice at least 4 or 5 CSP TG's from NE and Eastern Colo especially are patched to thereby reduce number of dispatchers needed in Lakewood.

Jim<

rickak

Also an example the Poudre and Weld communications centers patch together their EMS and Fire talkgroups when they dispatch calls that involve both. Before, you had to scan both to hear all the calls, now you can just scan or even stay on the one talkgroup in manual mode.

Rick

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
As they say it's about time!

For those of us with the Radioshack PRO-106 & PRO-197 we have to wait for the firmware update release from radioshack.

utlchris

Thanks for the link Luke. Does anyone know if you have some missing updates if you can just do the most recent and it will do the others or do you have to do each of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.