New GRE Upgrade out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrVelvet

Thanks.

Oddball question - I bought my PSR500 used from the US, so it's not a C version. Is there anyway to convert my scanner to a Canadian version, or is there any need?

scnnr

Thanks.

Oddball question - I bought my PSR500 used from the US, so it's not a C version. Is there anyway to convert my scanner to a Canadian version, or is there any need?

No I don't think you can change the version. If you try to install the Canadian upgrade to the US one I think it will just prevent you doing so. Really there is no difference in models except step size for VHF systems. You can still do the upgrades for DSP 1.4 as it is for both US & Canadian versions. As well just make sure that you choose the US version of the CPU upgrade for the American version

PSR-500/600 CPU Firmware 1.8 - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

MrVelvet

Yeah, I upgraded both links successfully - thanks.

When I hold PGM on startup I now have:

uP Boot Ver:F1.1
uP Appl Ver:U1.8

scnnr

Yeah, I upgraded both links successfully - thanks.

When I hold PGM on startup I now have:

uP Boot Ver:F1.1
uP Appl Ver:U1.8

If you press 3 when the welcome window comes up you should be able to see the above two as well as the newer dsp upgrade of 1.4 if you did that upgrade as well.

Are you noticing any difference in your radio performance? I think the digital tg's sound a little better but that might just be my imagination. :lol:

scannerjunkie

Upgrade

Mine Reads After Upgrade. uP Boot Ver:F1.0 uP Appl Ver:U1.8. Should uP Boot Be F1.1 Or Is F1.0 Ok? If Needs To Be Changed To F1.1 How Would This Be Done? Thanks For The Info.

scnnr

Mine Reads After Upgrade. uP Boot Ver:F1.0 uP Appl Ver:U1.8. Should uP Boot Be F1.1 Or Is F1.0 Ok? If Needs To Be Changed To F1.1 How Would This Be Done? Thanks For The Info.

My Canadian version says this when pressing the 3 key on boot up.

top line UP app Ver CU 1.8
2nd line DSP AppVer: CU1.4
bottom line DSP VocVer:CF1.0

I think the bottom line is the original DSP for this scanner.

SCPD

QRT
I have been running this update for about 2 months now and I would recommend that you get it .. as it scans patches properly, something your old version is unable to do on the PSR500.

The only thing is that mine is showing .. uP Appl Ver: U1.8
DSP App Ver: U1.4
DSP Voc Ver: F1.0

Hmm .. I think I will try to do the update on mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.