New guy from N.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2K11FJ

Hi Guys, Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I started listening to scanners way back when you had to go to Radio Shack and pick up a dedicated crystal for the freq you wanted for your scanner. I've been on and off with them and recently got back into it after the last two storms we went through here in NJ. I want to put a portable scanner in my truck to keep up on any traffic and DPW info. I know just enough about scanners to be dangerous so I'll be asking for lots of guidance. My base unit is a BC895XLT and I never got the hang of getting it running the way I want. Trunking kinda confused me. I was thinking of going with a Home Patrol unit for my truck cause it pretty much looks 'plug & play. Looking forward to any input and getting lots of good advice here.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Guys, Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I started listening to scanners way back when you had to go to Radio Shack and pick up a dedicated crystal for the freq you wanted for your scanner. I've been on and off with them and recently got back into it after the last two storms we went through here in NJ. I want to put a portable scanner in my truck to keep up on any traffic and DPW info. I know just enough about scanners to be dangerous so I'll be asking for lots of guidance. My base unit is a BC895XLT and I never got the hang of getting it running the way I want. Trunking kinda confused me. I was thinking of going with a Home Patrol unit for my truck cause it pretty much looks 'plug & play. Looking forward to any input and getting lots of good advice here.

Thanks,

Bill

Welcome to Radio Reference where you will find a lot of knowledgeable people here and will help you any way they can. The home patrol from what I see is pretty nice and easy to use. Don't forget to visit the New Jersey forum on here where you will probably get your best answers.

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Hello and welcome to Radio Reference,if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.