New guy here - could use some guidance - New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcaduceus

Premium Subscriber
To all,

I am new to the forum and am located in the New Orleans area. I am really interested in scanning and looking to get into the whole, NOPD, JPSO, SWAT, DEA, ATF and FBI frequencies in the New Orleans/Jefferson Parish area. I am sick of the crime that afflicts our city. I would really like to tie into this air traffic and listen to see what is going on in Lakeview and JP. I just had a carjacking in my neighborhood, just two blocks away. I am looking for some help/guidance and hope someone near or in my area can help me.

As far as budget goes, I have an open budget to obtain whatever high end equipment I need to make this project a reality. Be it one scanner, two, three, etc. I would also like to just talk to someone off line about transceivers and what the benefits off getting one or do I really need one to begin with for this sort of project. I just need a teacher. I guess I am Luke skywalker looking for a Yoda. I am a quick learner and want to get involved. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I don't mind talking off line if that would even be easier. I look forward to hearing from New Orleans/Louisiana members and I appreciate everyones time in responding.

Sincerely,
Conrad

Last edited:

b4c346

i'm in the same boat also.i'm buying a 966t to catch jpso,nopd and jefferson parish public utilities.should i get it programmed by scanner masters when i buy it, or do it myself.i have a pro51 radio shack now which isn't bad to program ,but i'm new to digital.

red8

jdcaduceus said:
To all,

I am new to the forum and am located in the New Orleans area. I am really interested in scanning and looking to get into the whole, NOPD, JPSO, SWAT, DEA, ATF and FBI frequencies in the New Orleans/Jefferson Parish area. I am sick of the crime that afflicts our city. I would really like to tie into this air traffic and listen to see what is going on in Lakeview and JP. I just had a carjacking in my neighborhood, just two blocks away. I am looking for some help/guidance and hope someone near or in my area can help me.

As far as budget goes, I have an open budget to obtain whatever high end equipment I need to make this project a reality. Be it one scanner, two, three, etc. I would also like to just talk to someone off line about transceivers and what the benefits off getting one or do I really need one to begin with for this sort of project. I just need a teacher. I guess I am Luke skywalker looking for a Yoda. I am a quick learner and want to get involved. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I don't mind talking off line if that would even be easier. I look forward to hearing from New Orleans/Louisiana members and I appreciate everyones time in responding.

Sincerely,
Conrad
No doubt about it, Gary is good at that.

nonvisual

Also new to the forums and am in the same boat as the original poster. Any chance I could have some quick guidance as well?

rswayze

Check your PM, I am in Old Metairie. Been using a 396t for about a year now. When I heard about LATIE rolling out in the region, I have to make the jump from a PRO-96 to the 396t.

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
Could someone point me to a webpage or send a list of NO PD run codes please? For example, I am listening to them searching for 'perps' from and "64k" or a "94" but I have not clue what that means.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.