New guy, new to police scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy907

Long story short, I'm a former cop from Florida.....since moved from Florida to Alaska.I'm wondering if there is a scanner that can pick up my old PD while I'm here in Florida. Can;t really find a site that lets me listen to that particular PD. Frequencies are as follows: Niceville Police Department 460.325,
Niceville Police Department 453.250

Thanks in advance,
John

dmg1969

No scanner can pull in from that distance. Your only option is to find an online feed. I checked on Broadcastify.com and did not see it listed. Although, there are some other county law enforcement agencies that are.

Nasby

If you are back in Florida and want to hear the frequencies you list, ANY basic scanner on the market will work for those frequencies.

In fact, you can often find used ones on Craigslist for around $20.00.

dmg1969

Sorry...I read your post wrong. I thought you wanted to hear Niceville while in AK. My mistake. Like the others said...you won't need an expensive digital scanner. A basic analog scanner will do fine. If you want a handheld (portable), look at the Uniden BC125AT. I have one and really like it.

ThatGuy907

I just purchased a HT1000 cheap off ebay....think there's any way U can get it to pick up from Florida PD up here in Alaska?

ThatGuy907

Niceville and Val-p are conventional freq's as well as Okaloosa county. Basic scanner will work fine.

KB4OIF
John

The only problem is I am in Alaska now and can't find a online feed for them. I recently bought a HT1000, like the one I used on duty.....doubt I'll be able to pick them up from this far. They were dead spots ten feet from the PD for the radio. I just want to hear my brothers and make sure they are safe.

dmg1969

Yeah...I had checked for an online feed for you as well and did not find one. Just the one I mentioned. And no...no chance of picking up their frequency from across the country. Don't be discouraged though. I'm sure there is a lot that you can pick up around where you live now.

ThatGuy907

Yeah...I had checked for an online feed for you as well and did not find one. Just the one I mentioned. And no...no chance of picking up their frequency from across the country. Don't be discouraged though. I'm sure there is a lot that you can pick up around where you live now.

I really appreciate your efforts to find that feed for me, I really do. Sadly, I knew that I wouldn't be able tp pick them up just via a little radio....but a little hope signed in and overrode the logical thinking side of my brain. I already have a scanner app for here in the local area.

It's just I miss hearing the voices of the people I used to work with. People you trusted your life with and would gladly give yours up to save theirs.

I won't give up hope and again I sincerely thank you for looking for me,

John

ThatGuy907

I just remembered a funny bit.....they used to be a internet feed of our PD, and we would listen to it while in the PD doing paperwork or booking. Worked great for DUI;s....can't have any eletronics on or on your person in the room with the breath/alcohol testing instrument. So we'd crank up the speakers up from the office next door to keep an ear to the radio for any calls for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.