New guy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE7TRQ

I have a pro97 and used win97 to set everything up. Every few minutes it seems to get hung up on one of the control channels that sounds like a machine gun. (sorry for the lack of terminology) I have checked all the numbers to make sure I have them right and the squelch is set almost all the way clockwise. Is this due to a freq. that is too weak to hear or did I do something wrong? I'm scanning the analog stuff in Maricopa County, Arizona. Motorola type 2 SmartZone. Thanks for any help.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Does line 4 indicate a Talkgroup during these transmissions? If so, you are likely hearing the results of a Digital transmission. You can press L/out, which will lockout that ID/Talkgroup. You will likely experience other Talkgroups with the same problem until all Digital are locked out. The Database page for your county list the Digital groups with the letter D under the Mode column.

KE7TRQ

Thanks for the info.. MOT: 43408 shows up on the 4th line and this isn't one of the talkgroups i programmed in. I looked up that ID number and your right, it's a digital one but I don't know why it shows up if I didn't enter it in. Oh well, it's locked out now.

Thanks again

jeffrey420

If you did't enter it, this means you are in open mode. If you want to be sure to only hear the Id's you entered scan in closed mode. While locking out will help for that Id, other digital Id's could come up and do the same thing. In win97 select closed at the top of bank info and save the file and then reload.

If you want to hear any new Id's that come along you need to run in open mode, and lockout all digital Id's that come up.

Last edited:

KE7TRQ

Thanks again, I read about open/closed mode in the manual but didn't understand why I would need it if I programmed all the ID numbers myself. Now I understand!! I'm just a little slow sometimes. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.