New guy scanning Norristown, Eagleville, K of P Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom135

Premium Subscriber
My last scanner was an analog BearCat. 20 years ago.

I been reading everything I can on Trunked Systems, etc.

I think Norristown is covered by a Motorola Type II System.

Ordered a new Uniden BCD996XT and the USB Cable for it. Probably be a week or two until I get everything setup. I figured the 996 would be more flexible than a HP1 once I figured it out.

Became member of this site for the database downloads.

I am hoping the amateur radio 2 meter and 440 FM stuff should be easy to load in.

I am hoping to set up the scanner for:

Police, Fire, Emergency for Norristown, Eagleville, and Valley Forge/ K of P areas. Once I get this going I will try and branch out.

I live up on a hill. If coverage is bad I could probably put an outside antenna up on my tower.

If I get stuck, hopefully there is somebody in the same area doing what I am trying to do.

Tom.............

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
You should have no problem receiving Montco TRS from your area. I use a Radio Shack Pro 106 in my car and travel all over Montco and hear it with no problem. It comes in loud and clear in the Eagleville area as there is a tower right there.

Good luck, enjoy

Tom135

Premium Subscriber
You should have no problem receiving Montco TRS from your area. I use a Radio Shack Pro 106 in my car and travel all over Montco and hear it with no problem. It comes in loud and clear in the Eagleville area as there is a tower right there.

Good luck, enjoy

Thanks!!!

Tom.................

Status
Not open for further replies.