New HAM attempting UniTrunker 2.1

KC3WXL

Newbie
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 17, 2023
Messages
4
Location
Cleona, PA
I've been bouncing around the interwebz for a few days, and think I've gotten pretty far. The quick and dirty? I'm trying to get Unitrunker 2.1 setup using to RTL-SDR USB dongles for this service: Lebanon County Trunking System, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania

So far, I have the 2 'radios' setup in UniTracker. The RTL-SDR v3 is set with 1 VFO for signal, and I'm receiving 100% on the control channel. (A few days ago this system had a different control channel, but that's another topic.)
I've got my RTL-SDR v4 set with 1 VFO for Voice. I wasn't getting anything to happen on the Voice, until today, when I set the frequencies for Site 1. Now Voice lights up, but I don't hear anything. (Mute is off)

Just to test, I started DSD+, since I wasn't sure if UniTrunker would process ProVoice. I see activity in DSD+, but still no audio.

I've included a screenshot of my settings. But if there is any more info I can provide, please let me know.

PS I did sign up for RR premium today, and imported this system. The calls screen now has more detailed Target info.

1708957693805.png
 

maus92

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
8,055
Location
The OP
Set your Voice role sdr Audio Out to use your speakers, not VB Cable. VB Cable is not required for V2.x.
 

KC3WXL

Newbie
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 17, 2023
Messages
4
Location
Cleona, PA
Oh, wait! I think I figured it out. I need to stop and start after making a change. I hear things now! (And not just the voices in my head. ;) )
 

KC3WXL

Newbie
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 17, 2023
Messages
4
Location
Cleona, PA
So, to wrap up. Things I've learned. When UT detected the system, it detected 7 channels, but not the frequencies. I manually entered the frequencies, and things are working. I also had to note that after making changes, I had to stop and start the Voice VFO.
 

maus92

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
8,055
Location
The OP
So, to wrap up. Things I've learned. When UT detected the system, it detected 7 channels, but not the frequencies. I manually entered the frequencies, and things are working. I also had to note that after making changes, I had to stop and start the Voice VFO.
EDACS systems needs manual configuration sometimes wrt LCN order. If you download the system via RR, sometimes you get lucky and it works out-of-the-box. It depends on how you set it up initially. It's been a while since I've setup or monitored an EDACS system as they are EOL, and the ones around here have migrated to P25. And you've learned that starting and stopping the radios, or restarting UT is the first step in troubleshooting after making a change in a config.
 
Top