New Hanover County PS3???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbix1958

Premium Subscriber
On their P25 system, I've heard them switch fire units responding to a call to PS3 for fireground operations. However the RR database only lists PS4-PS10. Any idea on the PS3 channel data?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
On their P25 system, I've heard them switch fire units responding to a call to PS3 for fireground operations. However the RR database only lists PS4-PS10. Any idea on the PS3 channel data?

I'm not a fireman in New Hanover but I'm told it's a trunked talkgroup in bank a on their radios. I know thats not much help but it at least rules it out as a direct channel. I'll try and get a talkgroup number for you.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Just a guess, but PS3 might be a simplex channel used for units operating close by each other such as at a fire scene.

SD70MAC

That is one channel that I have never been able to track down. I too have thought it may be a simplex channel,but i'm not sure. I have heard the FD taking on TG 33004 which is listed as a Wilmington PD frequency in the database.

jbix1958

Premium Subscriber
Ok. I'll activate 33004 and monitor it today. It kinda makes sense because PS4 is 33005, PS5 is 33006, so using that skewed logic, PS3 just might be 33004. May have originally been designated for WPD ops channel C and been re-purposed since. We'll see. Thanks everyone for the input.

jbix1958

Premium Subscriber
OK - confirmed! NHC toned out fire & EMS units for an accident and assigned PS3 as the multi use channel. Monitored 33004 (currently "assigned" an alpha tag as WPD OPS C) and heard all the radio traffic at the scene. Will submit an update to the database.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your diligence!
John

OK - confirmed! NHC toned out fire & EMS units for an accident and assigned PS3 as the multi use channel. Monitored 33004 (currently "assigned" an alpha tag as WPD OPS C) and heard all the radio traffic at the scene. Will submit an update to the database.

SD70MAC

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

jbix1958 said:

I monitored them today as well on 3 different calls and 33004 has to be PS 3 .

Status
Not open for further replies.