New Hanover system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobydog

Heard from reliable source that Wilmington and New Hanover have started encryption on LEO and will continue for all services in County. Anyone able to confirm further?

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Wilmington, New Hanover and Carolina Beach LEO have been encrypted for a couple of years. Wrightsville Beach Dispatch remains open. The NCSP in the area are open comms as is County Fire Dispatch.

Tobydog

Knew PD's were dark as of last year. Was told by one of the techs I know that the whole system LEO, EMS, FD may soon be going dark. Could not pick up any traffic last time down except on VIPER. Local system seems to be fairly garbled. Going to have new portable this trip, so we will see.

I have heard the same, but like thecop mentioned above, WPD and NHSD have been fully encrypted for a few years now. At one point all of the small town PDs, UNCW and the airport were in the clear, but I think the only PD that still does some comms in the clear is Wrightsville Beach.

I track the system every day, as I work nights in Wilmington and my scanners follow it just fine, minus the encrypted stuff....

jasonk

Feed Provider
Is Wilmington FD now encrypted ? The database shows them in the clear - but I have no transmissions from WFD

Status
Not open for further replies.