New Haven Fire Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadjammer

They have been many mayday tests on NHFD Channels 3 and 4 over the past week or two. Anybody know the reason. Are they testing new radios?

N1GTL

Database Admin
Yes. Many new trucks and Futurecoms going into service.

APX7500X2

Yes. Many new trucks and Futurecoms going into service.
They do the mayday tests on ch 2 3 4 rotating. Many towns (Bridgeport, Westport, Norwalk, Stamford) do it the same. Its to practice so when a real mayday happens everyone knows what to do and how to act.

They had Pyramid SVR repeaters and ripped them out (And it was a programming & Frequency issue nothing wrong with the repeater) Now they are going to try again LOL
Did you hear them on CH4 the other night at like 11pm repeating the voice scripts Motorola uses to test P25 systems..They were doing it on analog I guess to try and get the APX8000s they have had for 3+ years to work correctly with noise reduction...Talk about doing it all wrong, LOL
I feel bad for the line guys, you have these great radios but no one to get them set up correctly for you
But we lived with the same thing we got 230 APX7000s 9 years ago and it took our radio techs 8 months and help from a guy at a CT Motorola shop to get them correct
With our new P25 Phase II System They sent a guy from Motorola's FL shop up and he must have designed the APX platform as he knew everything and made them sound beautiful...I bet he is expensive to get

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Well it sounds like they are trying to get things correct....They just might not have the right people helping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.