New Haven PD Repeaters

PD47JD

As of late it appears that the Sector repeater(s) for 460.500 are putting out a very weak signal, at times barely readable from Amity Road at the Woodbridge Town Line. In Woodbridge itself, closer to 67 & 63, even with a house roof mount antenna, the signal comes in very scratchy w/audio distortion.
Whereas, the sector repeater(s) for 460.450 are coming in 5/5, even on #67 at the Seymour Town line on a hand held unit. Historically that's a weaker signal.
Anyone hear of any repeater problems/issues with NHPD?

900mhz

Premium Subscriber
As of late it appears that the Sector repeater(s) for 460.500 are putting out a very weak signal, at times barely readable from Amity Road at the Woodbridge Town Line. In Woodbridge itself, closer to 67 & 63, even with a house roof mount antenna, the signal comes in very scratchy w/audio distortion.
Whereas, the sector repeater(s) for 460.450 are coming in 5/5, even on #67 at the Seymour Town line on a hand held unit. Historically that's a weaker signal.
Anyone hear of any repeater problems/issues with NHPD?
I am observing the same changes that you have notated. Historically for me, 460.500 always had a better signal level than 460.450. Levels look flip-flopped when I compare them to my notes from a year or so ago.

CentracomGold

Premium Subscriber
460.450 (F2) was always atop East Rock Park & 460.100 (F1) & 460.500 (F3) were mostly line of sight microwave from the 23rd fl window atop the K of C building aimed directly at the roof at 1 Union Ave. The F1 signal has degraded over the last 2 years & now I am hearing that F3 is also the weakest of the 3 channels. Utilility Com was working on F3 today

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
When they patch 2 & 3 together they get all types of noise over the system also. I was going to put them up on Broadcastify but with all the noise and mis -matched receivers with different audio I think I would get to many complaints.
I would love for them to go digital but with that they would probably go encrypted :(

leadjammer

NHPD reception as been really poor the last couple of months here in Hamden. Scratchy, noisy and fading in an out. They were working on the system today but it seems worse tonight. 460.5 was always the strongest but its all been pretty bad lately.