new Henrico/Richmond Regionwide TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumadine

I just noticed some new Regionwide Public Safety and Regionwide Fire talk groups in the Henrico County VA database. Anybody on the inside know what they are going to be used for? I rarely hear much traffic on the other "Regionwide" talk groups so am just wondering why these are needed. I'm trying to figure out what kind of priority to give them in my programming setup. Thanks.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
They aren't really used a whole lot at all. The Regionwide Public Safety TG's will likely be used during the upcoming NASCAR race, but I can't say I've ever heard the Regionwide Fire TG's used. The regular Regionwide TG's are used pretty extensively at the NASCAR races as well, so look for them to become a bit active during this upcoming week. I assume that if a large incident were to occur in the Metro initiating responses from multiple agencies, you'd probably see these talkgroups light up a bit more than they're currently used.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't give them a whole lot of priority. They're generally only used for special events, especially those which require a lot of multijurisdictional communications, such as the Martin's Tour of Richmond.

shumadine

Thanks guys. The Henrico police appeared to be using these new talkgroups at the recent Nascar race instead of the "Police/Fire" talkgroups they had been using for years.

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, the regionwide talkgroups saw a lot of use for the race. Here's what I found on the Richmond regional system:

17648 Medical (patch to 20176)
20176 Medical (patch to 17648)
26768 Law Enforcement Unknown
26784 Law Enforcement Inside
26800 Helicopter
26816 Traffic Control

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.