New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

janlp

I just bought a new scanner. BC370. This is an upgrade from a Realistic 20 channel. Yes I did look around before I bought it and was told that it was a bugger to program, not so user friendly. My husband told me that 100 is way more than enough....but I thought with the clock and the am/fm radio which we don't even have one in the house would be nice.
Yes I am hard headed.......now I am hear to read and find out if there is an easier way to get this thing programed that don't involve hair loss or loss of sleep.....
I did ok except for the 30 banks of 10.....I am sure that my 18 or so numbers that I have programed in are somewhere between 1 and 5 on that line of tiny numbers....what I want to know first is. Since I can't get them in a row will they just scan anyway? Can I lock out everything above what I have in there?
I know it said in the book to write down all my numbers 1-10 etc but since I couldn't get them in like that..
Can't I just use it like that?
I have other questions but for now I know some of you are laughing.....lol....hubby wants me to send it back and downgrade.....lol......but you know what even without an antenna that radio works really well.
I should tell you also that I have about a 30' antenna that I will connect it to....
Thanks
Janet

captclint

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just bought a new scanner. BC370. I am sure that my 18 or so numbers that I have programed in are somewhere between 1 and 5 on that line of tiny numbers....what I want to know first is. Since I can't get them in a row will they just scan anyway?
Yes. This assumes that you did not lock out any banks.
Can I lock out everything above what I have in there?
Any position that you did not program will be skipped automatically.

Welcome to RR. Are you aware that you can go here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?stid=31 and chose your county to see all the frequencies in your county and even local area. State frequencies, such as State Police, will be listed in a drop down list in the state of Nebraska. Once you get an idea what is out there, and what you want to hear, you can decide to organize you frequencies. For example, all local agencies in bank 1, State agencies in Bank 2. County agencies in bank 3. Basically the only reason to organize in banks is so you can turn some off if you need to focus on some event. For example, you may want to put all fire in one bank, local police in another. Or even put your city in one bank in case a big event goes on, and you don't want to hear State Police or county, for example. That way you can lock out all banks except your local city or town. There is no right or wrong way to do this.

Since many of your future questions will depend on your county or city, please go up to the top left, and click on User CP. Edit your details to include your city and/or county.

Last edited:

janlp

It could have happened...

I think I could organize things if I could work on one thing at a time and then go on to the next but sure as I think I am in bank 1 it will be in 2 or 3....very confusing.
Janet

Status
Not open for further replies.