New Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awz1287

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am from Monmouth county, NJ. I am a long time user of this site but finally registered. I have been using scanners since I was about 15 years old. although I am new to digital and Trunking, I recently purchased a new BCD436HP to replace my 10 year old Radio Shack scanner, that finally stopped working after years of almost daily use.
Before that I had an old Bear Cat base unit that had to be from the 70s or 80s. It was my first Scanner I found it in the attic along with an old Radio Shack Police Call Frequency Guide book. That is what got me interested in scanners.

I am just starting to figure out the computer programming software, as I am used to my last 2 scanners being manual input. The old posts and the database have been a big help.

Please be patient while I try to get the hang of this stuff.

Thanks,
Anthony Z.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hi Anthony! Welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful people on here.

I'm fairly new to the hobby having started this time last year. I picked up an analog scanner and a digital trunking scanner and have been having fun with it.

May I recommend you also learn how to program your digital scanner by hand? You never know when you'll find a frequency with Close Call and want to program the system. It just takes a minute once you know how to do it. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.