New here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1FGY

Hi all. I'm new to scanners but not ham radio. I find myself scanning through frequencies and hear strange noises of digital types of radio. So I got curious and looked into scanners. I wound up getting bcd325p2 about a month ago and let me tell you, its not as easy as I thought it would be. I was told to download free scan but found out my mac wasn't compatible with freescan. So I took my old computer out and updated the drivers but the computer was too old. Than I got a laptop with windows 10 and Im still having trouble finding drivers. If only there were videos or tutorials that show you how to input frequencies and modes without confusion.. It hasn't deterred me yet even though I have a 400$ paperweight. I'll figure it out and hopefully become proficient. Any who, that's my story. I look forward to learning here.

toastycookies

Hello and welcome. Are you not finding the Uniden driver?

You can get it from their website here:

BCD325P2 < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I use FreeSCAN to program one of my scanners and once you get an idea of how to program in different systems/groups it gets a lot easier.

There have been many threads on here dedicated to your scanner.

Try putting this into google to search the site:

site:radioreference.com bcd325p2

Welcome to the site there are a lot of knowledgeable people here willing to help.

br0adband

You can run Windows 7 (or 8/8.1 or even 10) inside a virtual machine on your Mac (desktop or laptop) with either Parallels or VMware Fusion (both are commercial products) or VirtualBox (free) and make complete use of all the current software for most every popular scanner on the market today and for the past decade, including doing all sorts of cool stuff using SDR hardware and software now as well.

Unless you have an actual need to use multiple computers, I'd suggest looking into the virtualization potential I just mentioned as it'll work just fine and since you can do all of it simultaneously (meaning it won't be a dual boot situation using Boot Camp if that's even still supported) it could prove to be a pretty learning experience as well into what's possible.

And welcome to RadioReference. :)

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
As of now I am not aware of any scanner software that runs on a MAC without emulation software and there are plenty of people here that can give you better advice on that subject as I am a PC user. Just do not give up you have a good little scanner that will give you good service. Also here is a site link to help you with the use of the scanner.
Easier to Read BCD325P2 Digital Scanner Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.