new hfdl dat table

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
For those that use the commercial version of PC-HFDL - I see on Hugh's blog that a new version of the hfdl dat table was released recently. It's available in both the UDXF and HFDL Yahoo groups

I usually maintain a text version of the frequency listings in our wiki at the bottom of the article ...

HF Aeronautical Communications - The RadioReference Wiki

However I don't have the commercial version. Can someone compare the new table with this one and let me know the changes? I think station Bolivia got a couple of new freqs, but let's not jump to conclusions

73 Mike

punchcard

For those that use the commercial version of PC-HFDL - I see on Hugh's blog that a new version of the hfdl dat table was released recently. It's available in both the UDXF and HFDL Yahoo groups

I usually maintain a text version of the frequency listings in our wiki at the bottom of the article ...

HF Aeronautical Communications - The RadioReference Wiki

However I don't have the commercial version. Can someone compare the new table with this one and let me know the changes? I think station Bolivia got a couple of new freqs, but let's not jump to conclusions

73 Mike

Bolivia is unchanged. Panama seems to have added 2 new frequencies and the station name has been changed to Panama City, Panama

your table is missing 13264 and 8894

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Excellent. What positions are these 2 new Panama frequencies in? 73 and thanks..Mike

punchcard

Excellent. What positions are these 2 new Panama frequencies in? 73 and thanks..Mike

heh. I was afraid I was missing something. I just started using the paid version and dont know what this means. I found a older post on Hugh's website with older data so I assume its ok for me to paste the relevant lines from the updated dat file:

Ground Station ID 11
PANAMA - PANAMA CITY
UTC UNLOCKED
Longitude 79 32 59 W Latitude 8 58 12 N
Squitter Version 0
Number of frequencies 8
Frequency 21940000 Hz Master Frame Slot 10
Frequency 17901000 Hz Master Frame Slot 6
Frequency 13264000 Hz Master Frame Slot 2
Frequency 10063000 Hz Master Frame Slot 10
Frequency 8894000 Hz Master Frame Slot 6
Frequency 6589000 Hz Master Frame Slot 2
Frequency 5589000 Hz Master Frame Slot 10
Frequency 2902000 Hz Master Frame Slot 6

hope this answers your question. I use your HF Aero page a lot. thanks for making it easy for a newbie

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm...looks like I'll need a couple of lines for this, since it seems slots 2,6 and 10 are repeated a lot. Yecchh...but I'll get that done tomorrow. Thanks for this and the kind words...73 Mike

punchcard

Hmm...looks like I'll need a couple of lines for this, since it seems slots 2,6 and 10 are repeated a lot. Yecchh...but I'll get that done tomorrow. Thanks for this and the kind words...73 Mike

hmm. in practical usage, I rely on your current table positioning. when I see channel # listed as active in the older free version for any of the ground stations it always matches the column you have now. in descending order of frequency, if you maintain the current ordering and just insert the two new ones in, shifting lower frequencies to the right it seems to me it will match usage in PCHFDL at least. for the last 3 hours Panama has not used the new frequencies so I cant make an observation

Status
Not open for further replies.