New hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumnjim

Although I have been monitoring for 11 years I am new to the hobby of scanning. If there is anyone in the northwest valley that could give me some pointers I would appreciate it send me a PM or reply to this thread.

hoser147

Welcome guys Just jump right in and get your feet wet, got a good diverse group of people here, that will bend over backwards to help ya out with a little twist of fun while their at it.............Hoser

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Welcome to the Arizona forum !

It'll help us a lot to be able to help you if you let us know where you are, or where you are listening, who you want to listen to, and what kind of setup do you have, i.e. radio type, antennas internal or external, etc.

We've got folks throughout the state that can help. Phoenix and Tucson have regular scanner "club" meetings for the new and old....

Check out the AZ Database section for the agencies and frequencies listed throughout the state.

K7TKR

Premium Subscriber
Morning,

When I'm in town I stay at a motel in Marana-near I10 and Ina.

With the notable exception of Marana, which has gone to 100% encryption-meaning they cannot be monitored-there is a lot to hear on that part of town. One of the first departments I think you need to have programmed is the Northwest Fire District-which is ALWAYS active-mostly with EMS calls. There is also a lot of state and federal stuff and, if you have the right radio OR, are okay with surgery to your receiver, some good county stuff( there are people here that can help you with that).

You can find all the good stuff here in RR's database. AND, there is great bunch of people that meet every month that you might want to get in with.

Status
Not open for further replies.