new home patrol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
brand new here so hello all!
im a member of many other forums for other topics non radio or scanner related so if this place is like the other forums I'm sure it will be a great resource..
that out of the way
i used to have an old trucking radio shack scanner can't remember the model number years ago ..you had to program the codes in.. i had hours of fun with it..
so after years i have decided to get back into radios and scanning.. going to get my ham tech license soon..
so i went yesterday and got a uniden home patrol 1 from radio shack.. 499.99 yikes...

installed new software and firmware... updated the codes... seems to be working great... picks up local police that are on the new 25 system and looks like everything possible...
my question is this
being that i am brand new to this new generation of scanning... long is gone is turn to a frequency and listen
will anyone share some tips about this scanner?
add ons that really boost the performance..
also i see no that you can pay like 99 bucks for an extreme upgrade? what is that and how does it work and is it worth it? from looking online i don't really understand what i would be getting for that 99 bucks..
understand i don't know because i am just getting back into this world and am pretty ignorant to this new technology ....so any help or advice would be appreciated ..
also this scanner seems to be picking up everything! is the extreme upgrade gonna give me more?

one last thing ...for the money adding on another 100 bucks if indeed the upgrade to extreme is worth is is there a radio you guys recommend that is better for the same money or even less.. i can still return this one as i bought it new... and i don't mind ordering one online and waiting if its a better product..
i know lots of questions.. but after 2 days of googling i figured this was the best way to get some real answers

thanks guys!

mciupa

Database Admin
I like using the Discovery and Analyze features that come with the paid upgrade.

What about an upgrade in antenna? What does discovery and analyze mode Do

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.