New home patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapa2

Premium Subscriber
Rec my new HP2 last week. So far 2 thumbs up. One question I have is that in a certain area, radio will stop on a signal, but no transmission is heard this happens every time it stops on this channel. I do have a 4 sec delay built in. This area would be Lane County Oregon when I am traveling thru. Any thoughts?

Factory antenna replaced right away with Comet SMA-314/440/900 as suggested by HRO.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Rec my new HP2 last week. So far 2 thumbs up. One question I have is that in a certain area, radio will stop on a signal, but no transmission is heard this happens every time it stops on this channel. I do have a 4 sec delay built in. This area would be Lane County Oregon when I am traveling thru. Any thoughts?

Factory antenna replaced right away with Comet SMA-314/440/900 as suggested by HRO.
What frequency is it stopping on? What agency?

KE0GXN

Is the system encrypted?

I have a system that is over here and when I am traveling via GPS connection on the scanner it will sometimes stop on the channels of that system , but no audio is heard.

daedalus

Does it stop scanning when receiving a signal that isn't specified in the user's database? It seems it should recognize the 'undesired' signal and move on without a pause. That's what my others scanners have done.

Of course, I just got my HP2 and don't know for sure. I do see similar behavior to what the OP posted.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
If you are tring to monitor Eugene Police, Springfield Police, Lane County Sheriff, or UO Police they are encrypted and the scanner will stop on those talkgroups briefly then move on once the scanner realizes they are encrypted.

mapa2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guys...appreciate the feedback. Yes Oregon Scanner, I've learned since my original post that indeed that encryption was the issue. I've not monitored that area in the past so did not know that some time ago they went to this. Obviously, I originally thought that there was something wrong with the software. My other 2 scanners are analog so I am still getting used to the Sentinel program, as well as the features of HP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.