New Home patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireplug2614

Hi, i am new at this so i am seeking some guidance. I have put my zipcode in and can pick up some. I need to program in (SLATER) Phase 2, i see a system id =4F2 and WACN =BEE00 . any advice would help.
thanks
Rob h.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Is your "Select Service Type" set to what you want to hear?

Ubbe

Try getting your GPS coordinates from a map or your mobile phone and enter those instead. Then state the coordinates here, with just two decimals to not give away your exact position, and we could investigate to see if the Slater system are supposed to load from the database and that it isn't a simulcast system that might make it harder to monitor the system using a HP2.

/Ubbe

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hello, yes i have my select service type set, i do get simulcast. my GPS number are 38. , -90. thanks for your input guys.

Slater can be a bear to monitor being a simulcast.
There are at least five tower sites for the south county system that all broadcast on the same frequencies.
You may try moving your HP2 to a different location (near different facing windows for example) or experiment with different antennas. Sometimes that can help with the simulcast issues.
Slater is the system with the 4F2 system id. All five sites will share that same ID though. You would really be better off reading up on creating a favorite list from that system you see and then you can better control what site you want to monitor.

The other thing is what type of traffic you want to monitor.
With the exception of the St Charles County system, Law traffic on Slater is nearly 100% encrypted countywide. No scanner can decode or receive encrypted traffic.
Fire is mostly in the clear though so if that is what you are after, you may be okay as long as you can work around the simulcast issues.
Going by your user name, it looks like fire may be your thing! I hope so.

The Jeffco Slater sites are also mostly encrypted but there are a few analog patches for town like Pevely I believe.

With your location listed as Affton, you would want the St. Louis County South site. If that gives your poor reception, go ahead and try the North site as it may give you signal from just one tower and remove a lot of the simulcast issues. Much of what is broadcast on Slater in Stl County is often heard on the North and South sites at the same time but extreme areas away from the center (like Affton) may mainly only be heard on the south site. I do find fire dispatch is often heard on both at the same time though.
The St Charles county site has a lot of clear traffic unlike the rest of Slater but it's pretty localized so it may be out of your range.

fireplug2614

Slater can be a bear to monitor being a simulcast.
There are at least five tower sites for the south county system that all broadcast on the same frequencies.
You may try moving your HP2 to a different location (near different facing windows for example) or experiment with different antennas. Sometimes that can help with the simulcast issues.
Slater is the system with the 4F2 system id. All five sites will share that same ID though. You would really be better off reading up on creating a favorite list from that system you see and then you can better control what site you want to monitor.

The other thing is what type of traffic you want to monitor.
With the exception of the St Charles County system, Law traffic on Slater is nearly 100% encrypted countywide. No scanner can decode or receive encrypted traffic.
Fire is mostly in the clear though so if that is what you are after, you may be okay as long as you can work around the simulcast issues.
Going by your user name, it looks like fire may be your thing! I hope so.

The Jeffco Slater sites are also mostly encrypted but there are a few analog patches for town like Pevely I believe.

With your location listed as Affton, you would want the St. Louis County South site. If that gives your poor reception, go ahead and try the North site as it may give you signal from just one tower and remove a lot of the simulcast issues. Much of what is broadcast on Slater in Stl County is often heard on the North and South sites at the same time but extreme areas away from the center (like Affton) may mainly only be heard on the south site. I do find fire dispatch is often heard on both at the same time though.
The St Charles county site has a lot of clear traffic unlike the rest of Slater but it's pretty localized so it may be out of your range.
All right Kruser, that will help a bunch. I will spend some time to see what i can find out. Thank you much for the info. !

Status
Not open for further replies.