New Homebuilt MURS antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeRayCodA

Murs is awesome.I have been building a few of these for our local chapter.Set on the first 151.xxx freqs,I have a 1.3:1 VSWR. Modeled after the Decible Products line,I have been building these in my shop.
I talked to a radio tech,by accident 30 miles away,on 151.820Mhz,he was working on some volunteer fire dept.equipment.He even asked me what repeater I was on.The best part,a full 2watt R/S 19-1210!
This antenna is a "Exposed Offset Driven Element Dipole array",on a 10ft aluminum support pipe(1"aluminum conduit")Mounted on a 25ft tower,
I build the phasing harnesses out RG-6,and a length of RG-8U.

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 3,170

Rayjet

Nice looking antenna, do you have any specs or can I buy one from you?

Thanks,

Ray

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I like the dipole arrays, they seem to just work a little better than everything else I've built in the past for UHF/VHF. Did you take any close up pictures before you installed it up on the tower? I'd like to see them if you did. They look nice up there. That radio tech you talked to should know there's no repeaters on MURS band, simplex only.

TeRayCodA

Prcguy; I saw those plans,those were very interesting.I just designed these with a matching gamma,as an easier way to trim the swr.I may get embarresed,my ham friend wants to hook up his MFJ antenna analyzer to it,see just where it is at....he has hooked it up to some of my creations before,made me shake my head in disgust,but,it does tx,and,rx really well!

Status
Not open for further replies.