New Houston Country frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibflat2

anyone got any leads on the new frequencies which are supposed to be coming online soon for all the units in the county ???

Is supposed to be in the 700's

ibflat2

I have lost the link to the news story I had on the subject... But the whole county is supposed to go to a radio system where they all can talk on the same channels if needed..

SCPD

QRT
This is the city system and it will be encrypted so we will be unable to monitor. As the systems comes up I understand a bridge will tie the existing and new systems together so we will be able to continue to monitor. Houston County wll not be on this system at the present time. The will have portables so they can communicate with the city during special circumstances.

Steve

It is a sad shame that Dothan will encrypt.
Wayne, at this time do you know if it will be total encryption or just Public Safety?
When it happens, I will miss being able to hear Dothan when I am in th area.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

Trunkster2002

All 700 MHz Freqs will be from 764 to 800 MHz. Just perform a search and you will find what you are looking for.

SCPD

QRT
I'm not sure, but will ask. All city departments will eventually be on the system. Interesting that I found out that their southern lincs are tied to their old system and will be tied to the new system also. The fire department monitors dispatch on their lincs.

Status
Not open for further replies.