DSDPlus New HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC Choppy Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

air-scan

I bought this morning from Wal-Mart a brand new HP Pavilion Laptop Pc
It has Intel core i7 2.1ghz base freq 1.5 ghz 8gb system ram 32gb intel optane memory 512gb ssd
I install zadig and copied all my DSDP folder and only change I needed to make in the fmp24 batch file is the -I switch from 1 to 0
I is running but the P25 PII audio is choppy.
This is a brand new computer running Windows 10 64bit
Anyone else have this issue and fixed the choppy Phase II TDMA audio?hppv15dsdp.jpg

air-scan

Correction, HP Pavilion - 15-cs3075wm Intel Core i7 processor can scale up to 3.9ghz from 1.3ghz. it is a 64 bit 4 core processor. 4 cores DSD+ FL only maxes 14% cpu usage maximum

Kazzaw

Database Admin
It won't be your PC - I run a much much older system with no issues at all.

Maybe try a fresh install of DSDPlus instead of copying old files, make sure to bring your customizable files over

belvdr

Premium Subscriber
Have you removed all the bloatware from the system? These cause nothing but problems.

air-scan

Have you removed all the bloatware from the system? These cause nothing but problems.
I am slowly working on it. got rid of a lot I don't want. Kept the Microsoft Store because a game I like called GT Racing 2 I played on Android is there which is much better on a 15.6 inch display. Trying to uninstall VUDU. Got rid of all Microsoft Office. Not much bloat besides Mcafee LiveSafe. that security software doesn't seem to phase its performance. this laptop runs cool even when gaming.
windos 10 is new to me. I am used to Windows XP and Windows 7 which that laptop died. I feel like I am in a new car lol.
One thing FMP24.exe did was re-run the fft optimizations.

air-scan

I am going to put DSD+ FL on pause and try SDRTrunk see how that goes now that I can finally run it!

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Another vote to get rid of McAfee. I had my own computer business, and McAfee and Norton were two programs I never recommended. No one agrees on everything, but the free built in Widows Security does a satisfactory if not better job. Since Microsoft introduced it, I have not had a problem with any of my computers or my customers. It is integrated as part of Windows 10 and does not put the load on the operating system like an add on can.

Status
Not open for further replies.