new HP2 SD card error question

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
I just got this new HP2 from Amazon and the screen is showing an SD card error. removing the batteries and disconnecting usb cable from computer does not help. screen says use Sentinel AllClear but I am not finding in the sentinel database?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Clear User Data, it's under the Scanner menu.

I'd suggest a different, faster memory card, either 16 or 32GB. The factory cards are slow and somewhat more failure-prone than average.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just got this new HP2 from Amazon and the screen is showing an SD card error. removing the batteries and disconnecting usb cable from computer does not help. screen says use Sentinel AllClear but I am not finding in the sentinel database?

From the top menu bar in Sentinel....

Click on "Home Patrol" --> then "Clear user data".

if the SD card drive doesn't show in the window at that time, check the "display all drives" box.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The SD card is not showing on the display? so I cannot check anything that is not highlighted

looks like an quick easy return

did you click the display all drives box? Scanner in Mass Storage mode? Did you physically check to be sure it shipped with a card?

Using the correct (Home Patrol version with the orange startup screen) Sentinel?

Last edited:

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
looks like the software in not reconizing the SD card? i thought about removing the card and replacing it but that appears to be somewhat difficult as the indicator arrow to push is not pushing the card in to release.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I did not realize there was no SD card who knows where it is..... anyway will a 2 gb work?

Yes, Uniden recommends up to 32 GB, may want to get a bigger one once you get it going.

That's nothing new for Amazon, quite possibly a return from someone else who took out the card. Unfortunately a frequent occurrence with Amazon even when it says "new".

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Interesting as the box has an "inspected" sticker and looks new.

I've purchased a number of new HP-1 & 2 scanners from dealers and have never seen an "inspected" sticker on the box. Seems like another indication it was a return.

However the 2gb SD card now inserted, but still not being reconized ....so back it goes

Did you try the clear user data again? Format the 2GB card if it's not new and clear user data again.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Now working fine,.... best SD card to buy

now working fine with a 2gb card but Amazon in their first class custome rservice will add a gift card with $15 to my account

any recomendation on best brand of card to use?

Thanks
team

kc2kth

I've used Sandisk exclusively for several years in all radios, cameras, laptops, phones, etc. Careful who you buy cards from, there are a ton of counterfeit ones out there. If you buy cards from Amazon, make sure they are sold by Amazon and not a 3rd party. I also always check B&H and compare their prices vs Amazon, very reputable imo.

marksmith

I've used Sandisk exclusively for several years in all radios, cameras, laptops, phones, etc. Careful who you buy cards from, there are a ton of counterfeit ones out there. If you buy cards from Amazon, make sure they are sold by Amazon and not a 3rd party. I also always check B&H and compare their prices vs Amazon, very reputable imo.
Certain Sandisk cards are very slow, such as the "ultra" cards, which I would not recommend. Having used all brands for very high impact applications such as photography in raw format, which can require 30meg per shot at 11 shots per second, I only recommend 90meg/sec cards in the normal variety, or high utilization cards.

Have most of the SD card scanners and would mainly recommend high utilization cards specifically meant for lots of reads and writes before they fail. ALL SD cards will eventually fail, which is nothing more than losing format while being written to.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Using 32 gb SD card question

Thanks again team I did order the recommended 32 gb card

**Question: With the installation of thus card will the HP-2 scan faster?

I realize that speed may be affected on range and agency settings

Also apparently this is from its looks new HP-2 and was " inspected" by Amazon other than the missing 4 gb SD card it's working great with my old camera 2 gb card temporarily installed

Status
Not open for further replies.