New icom r75 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathieuPaul

Hi I'm new to the board. I just received a new icom r75 today and although I can get it to power on I am getting no signal. Rf gain is at 12 o'clock and I tested my antenna on another receiver (thinking bad pl-259 connection). Any ideas?
Mathieu

MathieuPaul

I've switched between both antennas and the only audio I'm getting is a slight hiss at max volume. I also played with rf gain settings in the menu. Along with about 15 factory resets. I need a beer.

Bucko

As you know the RF/SQ is shared on same control. I have it setup for SQ, that way the RF gain is set at full. Maybe your RF gain is turned down? Pushing the set once will get you into the menu for various settings including the RF/SQ control.

MathieuPaul

Yeah, I tried all 3 rf gain/squelch setting with no avail. Looks like I might have got a dud I guess. The nr and anf buttons give me an error beep also. Maybe there is an issue with the dsp.

wallythom94

R-75

Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I just purchased an R-75. It's a great radio and you will have fun with it. Sometimes I guess you just get a lemon once in a while. But once you receive your new R-75 it will be a blast to use. Good luck and 73's,

Status
Not open for further replies.