• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New IDAS equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

12dbsinad

Are these new IDAS radios available for purchase yet in USA?

I have not heard or seen any info on the release date of these. I would imagine it would be soon. It's possible it could be pending FCC certification.

12dbsinad

Just got my hands on a portable and mobile unit (color screen versions) to play with. Portable feels rugged out of the box, the only downside for me at first glance is the rotary knob with no stops, not really a huge fan of that. Will update more when I play around with them.

KJ4CYM

Feed Provider
I got my hands on some around the same time. I was surprised by how light the HT is! Also, being able to use the same codeplug for the mobile and HT, as well as USB programming and microSD card use being included in the cost is pretty awesome.

BC_Scan

From what I have seen on the mobile this is going to give a good run against Kenwood & Motorola.
Early days indeed, stock seems to be available now.

12dbsinad

Does anyone know when the type c trunking will be available for these radios

Yes, the radios can be upgraded to NXDN Type-C trunking or NXDN Type-
D multi-site trunking mode with a license key. At least that is the case in the US.

SAFFA

OK, interesting. I saw on the pamphlet that the type c was a future release, didn't realise it was available

KJ4CYM

Feed Provider
Seriously, we can't be the only ones out there who have tried the IC-3400/4400...

SAFFA

I had a couple in my shop the other day which the icom rep brought around, havn't programmed and played with them as such.

I'm waiting for the type c trunking to be added, then I'll start playing around with them. Icom seem to be taking forever to finish this off.

Having said that I did like the user interface of the menu's and such, seems a really nice radio

SAFFA

Does anyone know if the OTAP for these generation 2 radios is available and working? Also is the OTAA available yet?

SAFFA

Has any one got any info on when these radios will be able to operate in type c trunking?

Has any one got any info on when these radios will be able to operate in type c trunking?
Best bet would be to check with Icom America.. It could well be on the development path.

Right now I know its Type-D and dPMR as well as conventional NXDN and Analogue

SAFFA

Has anyone spoken to Icom USA to find out if and when type c will be added to the gen 2 radios?

phillmobile

I am told by Icom here in the UK that the Icom type c trunking radios will not work with the Kenwood type c system, thats one way not to sell radios.

SAFFA

That wouldnt be very clever if that is the case.

Icom current type c radios (IC-F3360D) are 100% compatible with Kenwood TYpe c radios, so I cant see why it wouldnt be the case with the newer radios.

Lets wait and see.

Did they mention to you when the newer radios (IC-F3400D) would be availabe in type C?

Status
Not open for further replies.