New-ish Metrolink Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPD1

Just happen to notice this new tower on Metrolink in Burbank the other day. I believe this is one of the Positive Train Control installations. The dipoles run parallel to the RoW. They were on a nice fold down tower, maybe 50-60'... which I believe may be made by Western Tower and marketed specifically for PTC installations. The ATCS has been there quite a while. You can tell the guy that put that one in cares about his work.

Attachments

• RR_burbank2.jpg
    RR_burbank2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 618

wd9cms

Looks like the installation is so new that the coax cable has not been run to the antenna yet. If you look at the second picture from the left it look like the antenna connector still has a blue cap over it.

Bill

DPD1

Come to think of it, I think you're right... I guess it hasn't been hooked up yet.

hpycmpr

Or another interpretation: It appears that the coax is installed with the coax curved upward and then crossing over to the main support in between the mounting clamps. The appearance of an overly tight bend may be do to the angle of the photo. The appearance of the blue cap is the sky between the curve of the coax.

What d'ya think?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.