New issues with Prince George co. monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I've noticed [not sure if it's just the Uniden SDS100 or what, but I'm noticing alot more static as well as the fire dispatch channel has a lower static filled volume, then the next thing you know the channel is coming in crystal clear. Anyone able to help understand what's going on?

W4UVV

I haven't noticed any county radio systems audio issues using my 536s or 996XLT. But wait...remember, we now have participant...L3Harris, winner of the 2019 Prince George Co. new trunked radio system installation involved. There are new towers which have to be installed in the county. L3Harris gave at least one HT to each county radio system user for "testing". New licenses need to be applied for to the FCC for more new 800 mhz. frequencies which are being created by L3Harris for the county. The first 800 mhz. frequency for Prince George Co. is 854.2375 mhz. But it is NOT licensed as one of a trunked trs but as a conventional B/M frequency for 700 units. Possibly more 800 mhz. frequencies will be licensed as conventional and when a trs is required the 800 mhz. licenses will be modified for a trs. So L3Harris is active. Maybe something L3Harris is doing "behind the scenes" is causing technical issues. Who knows? I just did a two month time frame FCC search and no new license for L3Harris or Prince George Co.

I have a friend who is a very active member of the VFD. He will know one way or the other. I'll post what he knows about the subject

John:)
W4UVV

W4UVV

Thanks, John. As I said, wasn't sure if it was just me and the Uniden SDS100 or what was going on
Trey,

As promised, I left a message for my VFD member regarding low audio and/or white noise on the Fire Dispatch repeater. He called me and confirmed that your analysis on the VFD fire repeater was 100% correct. However, we monitors need not despair. He was informed and assured that whatever the technical problem(s), with the radios/dedicated repeaters, all repeater comms will be corrected by the installation of the new L3Harris county trs, which may be operational whenever that occurs....2021?. Now don't you feel a lot better?

You can bet money that these aging standalone analog repeaters may be having intermittent component(s) failures sourced in part to the hot weather. The day you monitored that fire call, which was near North Elementary School, resulted in other VFD units/Dispatch not being able to maintain constant noise free comms or had broken comms.

John:rolleyes:
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.