New jersey get together

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Sounds like a great idea. I am up here in Ct. but hope you have a successful campaign down there. There used to be a great scanner Ham radio net in NYC run by N2NOV and WA2SQQ for many years, but the contributes dwindled as the internet got more available. But meeting in person should be fun.
Good Luck.
Bob

cash082

Premium Subscriber
I proposed this actually a while ago.
I am totally in. Not so much for help with my scanner - but rather to meet like minded individuals!
Most people with a common hobby get a long great.
I'm right near Ocean mrnavy2! Over here in Wall Twp.
I think your best bet is to post a date and a time and a location and see who comes every month. It should either gain interest or die. Just a thought?
Lets do it!!

Analogrules

Yeah, I miss the days of N2NOV's net. I wonder what it would take to start up a new/informal scanner net for NJ. Perhaps on one of the linked repeater networks, allowing folks from all over the state to participate. There doesn't need to be a formal net control, just a time and repeater network to chat on once per week to talk about the hobby and share more frequencies. A ham net can be very helpful and informative since we can only type so much on these forums. Haha. I am assuming permission may be needed by the repeater owners, but don't see how anyone would object to it.

SCPD

QRT
do you guys have a time and place for this yet and you need to maybe put a blue piece of tape on each antenna so you know everyones from the group?

AC2OY

If I'm not working I would drive down to Asbury Park. My wife's home town. I would love to chat about Police Scanners and stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.