New Jersey Interop Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2OY

My fellow New Jersey scanner experts I have a question? I noticed that I have this interop system in my programming twice. I think its because when Bloomfield migrated I somehow added them maybe incorrectly? My questions are is it ok having in there twice? Do I need to dump one of them? Also I sold my 536 to a friend who wants to listen to Bloomfield primarily but' says she doesn't hear them. I even went in and made that a priority. My last question is that when that system scans I noticed its scanning more sites than West Orange Simulcast. I'm wondering if this ok or the conflict? If anybody can make sense of this I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you in advance! Guys I just looked and what I meant to say was that in one root menu theirs 9 or so sites on Randolph,High Point... Do I need to remove those or is it ok having then in this system?

Last edited:

markjrenna

Bloomfield is mostly if not all on NJ ICS. My 536 is horrible for NJ ICS. I use Unications G4/G5. Plan on getting an SDS 200 soon.

markjrenna

Bloomfield is mostly or only on NJ ICS. I hear Bloomfield of the West Orange tower.

AC2OY

Whatever the case I read back from the scanner and reloaded it twice and STILL don’t hear
Bloomfield is mostly or only on NJ ICS. I hear Bloomfield of the West Orange tower.
Mark somebody told me that Bloomfield went encrypted!! Can you confirm or deny that statement? I was up until 3:00am trying to remedy my problem. I was also told in Sentinel to shut off all other sites BUT West Orange. I have yet to figure out how to do that as well. I'm afrain the more I try the more I'll mess it up...lol I thank you for your patience my friend!!

ansky

My last question is that when that system scans I noticed its scanning more sites than West Orange Simulcast. I'm wondering if this ok or the conflict? If anybody can make sense of this I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you in advance! Guys I just looked and what I meant to say was that in one root menu theirs 9 or so sites on Randolph,High Point... Do I need to remove those or is it ok having then in this system?

What you should do is create a Favorites list for the NJICS. Then delete all the sites except the West Orange simulcast. Having all the sites programmed is a bad thing because your scanner is going to waste time trying to lock onto the other sites that you don't need. You can also delete any talkgroups that you're not interested in hearing, as there is a lot of traffic on the West Orange simulcast.

AC2OY

What you should do is create a Favorites list for the NJICS. Then delete all the sites except the West Orange simulcast. Having all the sites programmed is a bad thing because your scanner is going to waste time trying to lock onto the other sites that you don't need. You can also delete any talkgroups that you're not interested in hearing, as there is a lot of traffic on the West Orange simulcast.
Ansky I actually tried to do that but when I tried to delete a few favorite lists with NJICS in then they keep coming back???!! I'll honestly admit I couldn't figure out how to remove or delete all other sites except West Orange

ansky

Ansky I actually tried to do that but when I tried to delete a few favorite lists with NJICS in then they keep coming back???!! I'll honestly admit I couldn't figure out how to remove or delete all other sites except West Orange

Are you using Sentinel to program the scanner?

AC2OY

Are you using Sentinel to program the scanner?
Yes I have the target model set for my sds 200. I had to do some serious profile and favorite list editing because this system was everywhere!!! I dumped it and entered it in fresh! Now I just have shut off 2000 things I don't want to hear lol but the good news is I'm learning how to use Sentinel much better. The one thing I cant figure out it how to delete a favorite list clean just remove it all together.

ansky

I've been on the fence with getting an SDS 200. How do you like it?

The SDS200 performs very well on the NJICS. When I had my HP-2 I could not hear the West Orange simulcast at all (it was a garbled mess). The SDS200 decodes the system almost perfectly. The SDS does have trouble on UHF analog. Listening to NYPD or Newark PD, there is a lot of intermod and the transmissions often cut each other out. Bottom line, if you experience simulcast distortion then the SDS is worth it. If not, then you really don't have anything to gain.

ansky

so would my 536 be better for uhf/vhf over the sds 200?

I think it really just depends on where you live. At my house the NYPD and Newark frequencies are very strong and I believe that is what contributes to the intermod issues. If you go on the Uniden forum there are people that say they have no trouble with UHF, so it's basically trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.