New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
On the GSP today. All the way down from 287 to Cape May. I was in site search mode the entire way as I have every NJICS CC in that “system” on the G5. Few sites right on the highway despite numerous towers. Anyway I got a site 21 several times between sites 3 and 5. Will check again on the return. Perhaps inaccurate decode.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
So it isn't the mobile site that is currently listed? Do we know where that entry came from?

Also, It may be an anomaly, but I keep having site 145 show up on my Unitrunker.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The frequencies that have been reported for Site 21 are all 7TAC nationwide interop frequencies, which the state obtained a waver to use as a mobile trunked site on wheels or for a temporary fixed site. Those frequencies should not be in use at a permanent fixed site.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
On the return today Saturday from Cape May to RT287 showed no Site 21 today,note it is Saturday. Maybe someone was testing on Friday. I found 6/5/3 simulcast cells had sites on or very near Parkway. Site 34 @92.5. No changes. Map and site list look fantastic. I created a contact on iPhone NJICS and added the site and map URL. Makes a great quick reference. Logged some local talk groups, going to compare to DB next.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
New Lisbon seems like an odd choice for a site, since there is supposedly a subsite of the Bordentown simulcast cell in Chatsworth, less than 5 miles away. :unsure:

GM

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed that the Chatsworth site is Site 21. It might have been a Site 3 location in the past, but it's been Site 21 for the past year or so. Site 3 has little coverage in the Chatsworth area, per my travels today.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Confirmed that the Chatsworth site is Site 21. It might have been a Site 3 location in the past, but it's been Site 21 for the past year or so. Site 3 has little coverage in the Chatsworth area, per my travels today.
Interesting, and Site 21 is still using the same nationwide interop frequencies as currently listed in the database?

Did you find the exact location of the site, or just confirmed the area of? I'd like to update my map if possible. I've currently got the marker for the Chatsworth site at a radio tower at the end of Canal St (Pemberton Ave (563) to Panama Rd)

GM

Premium Subscriber
Yep, still using some of the Nationwide Inter-Op freqs. I used the purple marker you had listed, and saw the tower at the end of Canal St. today. Took the antenna off my Pro 106 and got a 99% decode rate on Unitrunker. Sat there for an hour to verify the freqs, which have been submitted to the database. :)

rr60

Premium Subscriber
short duration voice comms on TG 4927.. ( spingfield pd3 ? )
RICHeee I too got casual chat and bragging about how good radios sounded on 4927 in the clear. I however got RID's, yes
I would say it belongs to Springfield. RID's 2017073 2017026. Keeping Zero calm, one day at a time.

CqDx

4593 is identified as "All Call" talkgroup used by Bergen County Fire Marshal. It is monitored by a dispatcher at Bergen County Fire Communications.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
4593 is identified as "All Call" talkgroup used by Bergen County Fire Marshal. It is monitored by a dispatcher at Bergen County Fire Communications.
Thank you, I’ve been trying to identify this talkgroup for sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.