New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac-1

Hillside Fire is active on Union County FG-7 ( TG 4631) and being dispatch on County Fire Dispatch (TG 4443)

slingshot202

Feed Provider
10-4. I will keep an eye on it from my end. I have been on some calls today, can't really listen as intently as I would like to. I tracked over night and knew I did not see anything on an ID Search, but, today is a new day. LOL

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Two Things:

1) Does anyone know what TGID Berkeley Heights is on, my buddy says they convertred. Now sure if PD, FIre, EM or just one or the other...

2) Hillside was confirmed by my friend (and says it is a PITA). AH, another fan of NJICS. lol

de784

Feed Provider
My brother lives in Union County is there any issues using a 436hp on this system he is looking to purchase a scanner

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
My brother lives in Union County is there any issues using a 436hp on this system he is looking to purchase a scanner
Site 7 (Union County) is listed as simulcast so yes, he may have an issue monitoring it on a 436hp due to simulcast distortion. Then again maybe he'll get lucky depending on his location relative to the towers. He'd be better off purchasing an SDS100 if it's within his budget

Tac-1

if he planning on mobile use, then he needs an SDS100, if he going to use in his house only then 436 may work 50% chance

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber

He should have little to no LSM Simulcast issues if he's only using the Union County site within the confines of the county. For the majority of listeners, the Union County Simulcast is the exception to the rule on the NJICS in terms of issues.

Tac-1

Union County has multiple sites Elizabeth, Watchung Mt, and Plainfield that's why it is a simulcast system, if he is close to one of the sites he may not have any problems, the LSM is the result of getting signal from two or more sites causing a distorted data flow.

de784

Feed Provider
Union County has multiple sites Elizabeth, Watchung Mt, and Plainfield that's why it is a simulcast system, if he is close to one of the sites he may not have any problems, the LSM is the result of getting signal from two or more sites causing a distorted data flow.
Thanks he lives in New Providence

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Does anyone have an updated list of the NJICS site and transmitter locations?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber

Union County Simulcast is a 3-site simulcast cell with sites in Elizabeth (Union County Courthouse), Mountainside (Borough Water Tower), and Watchung (Borough Water Tower). The Plainfield site at the old Muhlenberg Hospital is not online and is held in reserve as a fallback, as is the emergency site in Westfield at the Froehlich Building. Regardless of anyone's location in the county though, little to no people ever report LSM issues with the Union County Simulcast, which does not surprise me. When I'm home in the states basically smack dab in the middle of the county, I've never had any LSM issues with the UC Simulcast ever.

Now West Orange on the other hand.........

Status
Not open for further replies.