New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I have captured traffic at 1910 this evening on TG4133 (405 to 702) on Statewide. Discussing Decon and some other stuff. Event going off tomorrow it sounds.

UID 239077 and 239093.

Definitely not radio testing and did not show up in the NJICS Database.

I know Livingston Police are suppose to switch really soon, but this definitely did not sound like testing (referring to post above)

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I have captured traffic at 1910 this evening on TG4133 (405 to 702) on Statewide. Discussing Decon and some other stuff. Event going off tomorrow it sounds.

UID 239077 and 239093.

Definitely not radio testing and did not show up in the NJICS Database.

I know Livingston Police are suppose to switch really soon, but this definitely did not sound like testing (referring to post above)

239 should be North Arlington, but there hadn't been any indication or resolutions noted to date regarding them switching. It'd be an awkward time for them to do it also. Perhaps being used temporarily in Bergen County for the Rescue Task Force or EMS stand-by at testing sites?

mondaro

Feed Provider
239 should be North Arlington, but there hadn't been any indication or resolutions noted to date regarding them switching. It'd be an awkward time for them to do it also. Perhaps being used temporarily in Bergen County for the Rescue Task Force or EMS stand-by at testing sites?

Hi guys that was me, chief of EMS and our squad captain, NAVES has we have a funeral detail for a Clara amass medical center and former squad member that passed late last week from covid-19. thanks for posting the tg number. Here is the plan for North Arlington, more than likely we are moving over to njics over the next year, police, fire. ems, here is the good news, **** no encryption **** for the police day to day operations so you will still hear road closures, dv's and still hear cars being dispatched to " hey my neighbor's dog just " shXt" on my lawn calls. we are keeping the old analog system up so we can still communicate with mutual aid, paramedics, crossing guards and CERT and if the njics system ever has an issue and goes down we have a backup, only makes sense, right now committee leads from Police, Fire and EMS have radios maybe around 6 in the pool. IMO nice system in our testing, trying to figure out if we are banging off the Alpine repeater because when I test in the Hillsdale area I only show 2 bars on the Harris radio I am carrying. so besides a sub-basement in Hillsdale and deep within a warehouse in North Arlington there the only two " Dead Spots " we can find from the Mahwah area down to Sayreville area west to Morristown Medical Center.
until all the departments are up and running and a total rebuild of the communications center at North Arlington I have asked if we could apply for a permanent tg now I was told would we are using is temporary. Hope this helps shed some light on the situation.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Until all the departments are up and running and a total rebuild of the communications center at North Arlington I have asked if we could apply for a permanent tg now I was told would we are using is temporary. Hope this helps shed some light on the situation.

Perhaps in light of Tony's information, the three "State" TG's should be added to the database described as some sort of testing or temporary user TG? (I forget if they were ever added)?

Trying to figure out if we are banging off the Alpine repeater because when I test in the Hillsdale area I only show 2 bars on the Harris radio I am carrying.

That should be easy enough knowing your RID's for someone to run Unitrunker or Pro96Com on the site and watch for your RID's.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
So, what else are we scouting....

I saw 10 hits on TG 4237 with a Belleville Radio ID.
Seeing Traffic on 4951 with what I believe will be NJ EMS Task Force ID's 245xxxx or 2450xxx
Also TG 4769 with ID's of 2470xxx or 247xxxx - whch the RR shows as unconfirmed Potus or USSS details.

Suddenly into logging waiting for good old LPD to come online - big E or not, I am curious where they will be hiding and when the move goes into effect.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Perhaps in light of Tony's information, the three "State" TG's should be added to the database described as some sort of testing or temporary user TG? (I forget if they were ever added)?

That should be easy enough knowing your RID's for someone to run Unitrunker or Pro96Com on the site and watch for your RID's.
In light of this - I was on WO Simulcast when I heard them. I do not have individual towers, but I do not think the Alpine is at all in the WO Simulcast...

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
In light of this - I was on WO Simulcast when I heard them. I do not have individual towers, but I do not think the Alpine is at all in the WO Simulcast...

Alpine is not, no. It is still a stand-alone site. And when I heard it was over Union County Simulcast. I think what Tony was inquiring though was whether or not he was affiliating at all to Alpine during his testing drives.

Suddenly into logging waiting for good old LPD to come online - big E or not, I am curious where they will be hiding and when the move goes into effect.

Could you be more specific as to which LPD?

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Could you be more specific as to which LPD
As stated and sorry about initials only, Livingston Police.

Rumor still is full time encryption. I've head anything from this week to by May 1 for them to start switching.

My understanding is they may do portables first for officers. Should be interesting (if only we could experience it)

My Fire & EMS people are besides themselves that they wont be able to hear PD anymore. Since as long as I can remeber all three services have bee. Sharing one channel. To me it's stupid, now to be encrypted in this tiny town seems a bit crazy.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ

Rumor still is full time encryption. I've head anything from this week to by May 1 for them to start switching.

My understanding is they may do portables first for officers. Should be interesting (if only we could experience it)

My Fire & EMS people are besides themselves that they wont be able to hear PD anymore. Since as long as I can remeber all three services have bee. Sharing one channel. To me it's stupid, now to be encrypted in this tiny town seems a bit crazy.
Just as stupid and crazy as Millburn PD. (Why can't they just have a tac channel that is fully encrypted? And leave dispatch in the clear)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah, let's refrain from having the umpteenth discussion about how encryption is stupid, how much we hate it, how the world is ending (which is kinda is for other reasons), etc. A few of you have beat that horse to death in these NJ threads, and you know who you are. Time to move on with life.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I thought I posted this on Tuesday or Wednesday but maybe to tired from doing the shed roof over. I was scanning NJICS recently and noticed some TG's that are not listed. Maybe it was deleted?? :rolleyes:

TG 4683 - UID's 2019*** Appears to be a Union Twsp ID's.

TG 4769 - UID's 2470*** The UID's I see in the list as Unconfirmed NJSP/USSS Potus

TG 4831 - UID 2018*** Summit?

TG 4887 - UID 2493***

TG 4951 - UID 12731 / 245**** NJ EMS Task Force

TG 4973 - UID 2007*** - Hillside

TG 5091 - UID 1602*** MICCOM?

Anyone has any information that would be cool. Obvisouly the quarantine has changed my listening habits. LOL

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
TG 4683 - UID's 2019*** Appears to be a Union Twsp ID's.

Union Police 3, ENC. It was in the database, specific use is unknown but I believe it's supervisors or investigations. I'll resubmit it.

TG 4831 - UID 2018*** Summit?

Confirmed as Summit, but it hasn't been consistently active enough to confirm its use.

TG 4973 - UID 2007*** - Hillside

Hillside PD 2, which is in the database.

Last edited:

slingshot202

Feed Provider

Thanks. Odd, I did not see Hillside PD2 in the DB earlier when I found the scanning. But it is also not in the Sentinel DB I guess since I just did the import recently (unless I deleted it when trying to sort it).

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Union Police 3, ENC. It was in the database, specific use is unknown but I believe it's supervisors or investigations. I'll resubmit it.

Confirmed as Summit, but it hasn't been consistently active enough to confirm its use.

4887- posted a while ago about it, w

Installations already started for both mobiles in the patrol cars and inside their HQ. Switch over will be within the month. Full-Time “E” confirmed.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
"4887- posted a while ago about it, w
Installations already started for both mobiles in the patrol cars and inside their HQ. Switch over will be within the month. Full-Time “E” confirmed"

Are you saying this info is in reference to Livingston PD???.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
"4887- posted a while ago about it, w
Installations already started for both mobiles in the patrol cars and inside their HQ. Switch over will be within the month. Full-Time “E” confirmed"

Are you saying this info is in reference to Livingston PD???.

Yea Livingston, I think I hit the quote button on that first one by mistake.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
This is the list I have. Most of it jives with the database, but a few seem off if someone want to compare to Unitrunker logs:
4679​
UNION PDENC
4681​
UNION IOP/PATCHENC
4683​
UNION PD TTYENC
4685​
UNION PD INVENC
4687​
UNION BOE EMERG
4689​
UNION BOE