New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
I listen to C3-10 Statewide Marine dispatch and C3-01 Division Call, Statewide Aviation dispatch at all times. I only listen to Bordentown simulcast. I live near the water right on the river near the Burlington-Bristol Bridge with constant 5 bars with both the 100 and 200. Sounds so much better than the old system. No problems with Bordentown site today. I hear Burlington Marine station regularly. They are always checking the turnpike bridge and the Burlington-Bristol Bridge. Not too many boat stops today.

Do you hear much on Statewide Aviation (26864?)? I hear both North JEMS and South JEMS but never seem to catch anything on the Aviation ID.

mondaro

Feed Provider
F
Do you hear much on Statewide Aviation (26864?)? I hear both North JEMS and South JEMS but never seem to catch anything on the Aviation ID.
For NJSP State Police Helicopters - NJSP Aviation, C3-1 Division and Medevac Talkgroups - coordination with other aircraft - use the local airport CTAF like Miller Airpark for Hackensack 2 and LIfeflight, 122.700 - 123.450 and 123.025 should be all set. - NYPD Aviation Company Channel - 123.100 also active, for ocean county, Ocean County Medevac, and South Jersey Net - - anyone else with other success please chime in.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber

Statewide Aviation is infrequently active but it's essentially what in aviation is called a company channel. In other words, it's NJSP's TG for non-essential operational internal communications versus day to day communications, and between NJSP helos in flight. Most commonly it's used to communicate with NJSP Aviation HQ/Maintenance at Trenton-Mercer.

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
Statewide Aviation is infrequently active but it's essentially what in aviation is called a company channel. In other words, it's NJSP's TG for non-essential operational internal communications versus day to day communications, and between NJSP helos in flight. Most commonly it's used to communicate with NJSP Aviation HQ/Maintenance at Trenton-Mercer.

Thanks. I figured as much.

I hear the JEMS flights on the NJSP or NICS system in the appropriate talkgroups. I also hear local flights in Southern NJ / Philadelphia area on 123.025 which is A/A for helo's in the area.

I have not heard say SouthSTAR based in Hammonton NJ (N81) be dispatched if they are on a non JEMS flight. I have heard them call into JEMS and state they are being dispatched for a SAR or some sort, but I haven't quite caught up on what talkgroup they were originally dispatched on say for the SAR or non JEMS flights.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
F

For NJSP State Police Helicopters - NJSP Aviation, C3-1 Division and Medevac Talkgroups - coordination with other aircraft - use the local airport CTAF like Miller Airpark for Hackensack 2 and LIfeflight, 122.700 - 123.450 and 123.025 should be all set. - NYPD Aviation Company Channel - 123.100 also active, for ocean county, Ocean County Medevac, and South Jersey Net - - anyone else with other success please chime in.
I have been monitoring C3 - 01 which is division call and that was always the Aviation dispatch channel on the old system. On the new system it's TG 2281. Doesn't seem as busy as it used to. I also hear various State Police choppers on 123.025 which is a Helo Unicom frequency where helicopters announce their location and intention like a collision avoidance system.

I also monitor C3 - 10 or 10 com which is the Marine dispatch channel which is fully operational on TG 2299. I heard the Marine Division helicopter looking for a possible downed aircraft off of Sea Isle City last week. I live at the base of the Burlington-Bristol Bridge and only use the Bordentown site.

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring C3 - 01 which is division call and that was always the Aviation dispatch channel on the old system. On the new system it's TG 2281. Doesn't seem as busy as it used to. I also hear various State Police choppers on 123.025 which is a Helo Unicom frequency where helicopters announce their location and intention like a collision avoidance system.

I also monitor C3 - 10 or 10 com which is the Marine dispatch channel which is fully operational on TG 2299. I heard the Marine Division helicopter looking for a possible downed aircraft off of Sea Isle City last week. I live at the base of the Burlington-Bristol Bridge and only use the Bordentown site.

The thread must have spurred something today. Two NJSP choppers and a Forest Fire chopper where all over Wharton State Forest between Hammonton NJ N81and Warren Grove Range, transitting back and forth.

Had to head to a zoom meeting so I didn't catch much of the action.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
The summer will bring all the action out. I guess the dep has Choppers to serve the forest firefighter service. Who are by the way still on VHF High. They will be very active again with the towers being manned. I wonder if they will ever move over to the new Statewide interop system. I have heard Fish and game on the new system. I wonder if the Park Police have a chopper? They are also on the new system.

Tech792

NJFFS owns 6 helicopters and 3 fixed wing planes. Air tankers are available on contract as needed from a local company (Downstown Aero). Towers will be staffed starting tomorrow due to the increased fire danger and predicted fire weather. (Low humidity and windy). Spring and fall are the busiest seasons. Not so much summer due to everything is greened up. More info available at www.sectionb10,org

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep been listening to them for years. I knew it was soon. I monitor 6 7 and 8. Like the weather reports. Thanks.

ansky

Does anyone know if New Brunswick Fire can still be heard on the Union County simulcast? I have not listened for quite a while, but the last few days I started listening again but have not heard a peep out of them. I know they used to do a radio test around 10am and I did not hear that today.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Does anyone know if New Brunswick Fire can still be heard on the Union County simulcast? I have not listened for quite a while, but the last few days I started listening again but have not heard a peep out of them. I know they used to do a radio test around 10am and I did not hear that today.
I heard them last week and almost fell out of my chair because I have not heard them a lot. I have them on Analog for dispatch and have not seen them on Union as of Tues or Wed. Scanned right by.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
On Site 8, extensive testing in Edison. Testing in building portable coverage. Using the numerous schools to take RSSI levels. I believe these are members of technology group within the PD. Interesting to note that not one mention of a comparison to the County TRS. They were getting good coverage on NJICS. Interesting to note testing done with no foliage and expecting 100 percent coverage in building for a system designed for in street coverage (getting off that soapbox).:ROFLMAO:
TG 4131
43097 RID
43096 RID

ansky

On Site 8, extensive testing in Edison. Testing in building portable coverage. Using the numerous schools to take RSSI levels. I believe these are members of technology group within the PD. Interesting to note that not one mention of a comparison to the County TRS. They were getting good coverage on NJICS. Interesting to note testing done with no foliage and expecting 100 percent coverage in building for a system designed for in street coverage (getting off that soapbox).:ROFLMAO:
TG 4131
43097 RID
43096 RID

Since it's Edison I would have to assume everything will be encrypted anyway.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
TG 4131
43097 RID
43096 RID
they are now talking about county system VS State system inside Menlo Park Mall

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
TG 4131
43097 RID
43096 RID

4131 is one of the groups that's popped up on a couple occasions as a possible testing group. Those are State RID's (possibly cache RID's?). Edison would be of course be 1205xxx.

I almost wonder if they're maybe testing to see if another site is needed in the New Brunswick cell for northern Middlesex County? I mean, there have been unsubstantiated pure rumors about Edison making a switch to either the County system or the ICS.

Since it's Edison I would have to assume everything will be encrypted anyway.

PD that would obviously be a given, but Fire/EMS I doubt it.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
4131 is one of the groups that's popped up on a couple occasions as a possible testing group. Those are State RID's (possibly cache RID's?). Edison would be of course be 1205xxx.

I almost wonder if they're maybe testing to see if another site is needed in the New Brunswick cell for northern Middlesex County? I mean, there have been unsubstantiated pure rumors about Edison making a switch to either the County system or the ICS.

PD that would obviously be a given, but Fire/EMS I doubt it.
I believe 4131 is in DB as REMU (my google sheet has that) I also believe that they had a few portables on loan. Yes likely cache radios with RSSI display and Site ID enabled.

Conversation eventually turned to Middlesex and that system not being ready yet for Edison (plan to add towers).

Some reference to past testing from Fire. Of course PD got totally different results.

Many unknowns as Site 8 has had improvements since first rolled out and who knows how radios are programmed for roaming. Any foliage has an impact too.

Clearly not radio techies doing testing, but good investigators for sure.

Another favorite soapbox topic. Testing system coverage with portables in the car and reporting and recording RSSI levels that way. Ughh almost like Site 21😂

My conclusion you will see Edison PD on NJICS funded with bond monies allocated and bonded for Edison’s own slow growth P25 system. I think a decision is likely soon.

Yocuz

Premium Subscriber

Ok...so today I finally heard NJSP aviation on C1- Divi

Today I finally caught NJSP aviation on C1-01. Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.