New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NParkNJ

On the Road
N
Receiving Unknown TG 1001, with radio ID 1429190 , on West Orange site , sounds like a Possible a Morris County based Police Dept (route 10 locations )

not unknown. That’s their PD channel 1(dispatch). Idk about the radio however.

sounds like they patched it to NJICS.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
Yes I believe it's Parsippany pd ....

Yes I'm familiar with the Parsippany township trunking system and all of their talk groups including pd1... However, this was showing up on the njics, that's why I posted it here. I have the NJICS programmed in my SDS100, with TG search, direct from Uniden Sentinel, latest database update.... my location is Livingston.

Last edited:

N2MLP99

Does anyone know if the Sussex walpack site is up and ruuning
looking at coverage maps i should hear it

but i hear nothing
don't see control channel data

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Does anyone know if the Sussex walpack site is up and ruuning
looking at coverage maps i should hear it

but i hear nothing
don't see control channel data
Operating normally, all info in the database is accurate. If you're referring to a coverage map in the database, that is estimated and not a reflection of actual RF coverage.

N2MLP99

Operating normally, all info in the database is accurate. If you're referring to a coverage map in the database, that is estimated and not a reflection of actual RF coverage.
understand oh well see what i can do to improve antenna

KD2UJN

NJICS TG 4093, RID 500045,500040 site 9 briefly seen on 3/3/22
Seeing more and more activity on this TG.

Note: Not in the database. those RID's seem to be cape may county pro's

Seeing more and more activity on this TG.

Note: Not in the database. those RID's seem to be cape may county pro's

I started recording the audio and seems to be some kind of office setting. Maybe court or jail. The radio id's are closer to sheriff then pro's office.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
USCG doing training on Statecom 5 right now with a patch to Ocean County/Seaside Heights.

Radio ID is 2575003, so at this point I would assume the entire 2575xxx block are USCG Units (I logged several radios in this range recently).

They were also affiliating to TG 5213, which I am also assuming is a USGC talk group.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
@richee2000 TG NW Region 4197 is being used to coordinate ALS responses into Somerset County for those ALS on NJICS. You are hearing Somerset dispatch center talk directly to ALS. JFK ALS RID 31000xxx for example into East County. This permits ALS to stay on “home“ system and not leave that system. This TG is also on some FD’s radios such as “50”. “InterOp”.

etr37

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why as I missed the beginning of the transmission and it was a bit scratchy, but Troop B 5 Comm South just advised all units that "radio will be going down shortly" - any kind of switchover or something of the sort happening? Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up just in case.

asnhnetwork

Not sure why as I missed the beginning of the transmission and it was a bit scratchy, but Troop B 5 Comm South just advised all units that "radio will be going down shortly" - any kind of switchover or something of the sort happening? Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up just in case.
I heard the same. Said they are habing CAD failures and the radios will be going down shortly as well. Today is a bad day for the road Troopers.

FT752

@richee2000 TG NW Region 4197 is being used to coordinate ALS responses into Somerset County for those ALS on NJICS. You are hearing Somerset dispatch center talk directly to ALS. JFK ALS RID 31000xxx for example into East County. This permits ALS to stay on “home“ system and not leave that system. This TG is also on some FD’s radios such as “50”. “InterOp”.

That would most likely be the nexus between JFK and Somerset County since their ALS/SCTU units were never re-configured for the 500 TRS after North Plainfield left Watchung's analog fire repeater. Interesting that some of North Plainfield's units got access to that TG as they're still using Somerset to make cancellations and status inquiries. Per a transmission at approximately 18:47 last night on the assigned Fire Region 3, a 50F unit advised that "mutual aid BLS is on scene"; that transmission would not be necessary if the information was readily available to Somerset County via 4197. Only a specific group of pea-brains make such a captain obvious transmission for a Somerset County unit or RWJ. Additionally, the 50F unit advised Somerset of the JFK ALS and BLS unit disposition, with the response from Somerset County insisting that this information saved them a nuisance phone call to MICCOM as they would not have gotten it any other way.

asnhnetwork

That would most likely be the nexus between JFK and Somerset County since their ALS/SCTU units were never re-configured for the 500 TRS after North Plainfield left Watchung's analog fire repeater. Interesting that some of North Plainfield's units got access to that TG as they're still using Somerset to make cancellations and status inquiries. Per a transmission at approximately 18:47 last night on the assigned Fire Region 3, a 50F unit advised that "mutual aid BLS is on scene"; that transmission would not be necessary if the information was readily available to Somerset County via 4197. Only a specific group of pea-brains make such a captain obvious transmission for a Somerset County unit or RWJ. Additionally, the 50F unit advised Somerset of the JFK ALS and BLS unit disposition, with the response from Somerset County insisting that this information saved them a nuisance phone call to MICCOM as they would not have gotten it any other way.
That would definetly be a nuisance call since Miccom does not dispatch JFK ems. JFK dispatches JFK EMS. They both fsll under the same HQ of Hackensack Meridian Health but have nothing to do with each other. Miccom cant talk to JFK units. JfK cant talk to Miccom units.

FT752

That would definetly be a nuisance call since Miccom does not dispatch JFK ems. JFK dispatches JFK EMS. They both fsll under the same HQ of Hackensack Meridian Health but have nothing to do with each other. Miccom cant talk to JFK units. JfK cant talk to Miccom units.
Right; got the systems twisted. Regardless of the dispatch facility, it would still be a nuisance for them to have to call to get that information. MedCentral is one thing, as more likely than not, someone at SCC is on the phone with them throughout the course of the day. JFK or Atlantic, on the other hand- forget about it.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
Question: I'm in Bergen Co. If my 100 shows receiving a signal from, say, Union County Simulcast (which is pretty far away), and it's loud and clear, is that particular signal coming directly from the Union County site, or is it going through Alpine, but still labeled as the site the unit is hitting?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Question: I'm in Bergen Co. If my 100 shows receiving a signal from, say, Union County Simulcast (which is pretty far away), and it's loud and clear, is that particular signal coming directly from the Union County site, or is it going through Alpine, but still labeled as the site the unit is hitting?
If you have the Union County simulcast cell programmed in your SDS100, and that's the site the scanner is indicating it's receiving, then you are physically listening to that site. Talkgroups can come up on various sites, however all of that happens at the core/zone controller level. In other words, sites don't "relay" audio from other sites. Either the talkgroup is active at a given site, or it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.