New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lion2479

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

i’m looking for information on the NJICS forum regarding Atlantic Health EMS. When I am in the Jackson area of New Jersey, I am hearing Atlantic EMS units speaking with dispatch which is coming off the Bordentown simulcast site. I know they have paramedic units that are based out of CentraState hospital.

I also know that their primary coverage is in Union County, Morris County as well as Somerset. They even go as far as North New Jersey.
When I am at home, I’m picking up the Holmdel site. I occasionally hear Atlantic Medic units Being dispatched but not always. I understand that a unit has to be affiliated with that specific tower in order to hear the unit.

Does anyone know, what the primary simulcast site that Atlantic EMS is affiliated with? Is it Union County simulcast? Is it New Brunswick simulcast?

Obviously the reason I’m asking is because I’m not constantly hearing those units on my radio like the state police. Hackensack Meridian health EMS units are always transmitting and I’m able to receive them all the time. I’m just wondering if it would be in my best interest to put in a control channel for Union County simulcast if that is their primary go to site?

Anyone with experienced knowledge of this particular TG and entity would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

K2NEC

Not sure what your location is but there's always a unit affiliated with Passaic County Simulcast, they have a lot of BLS and ALS activity out of Chilton hospital in Pequannock.

strk3seeya

Premium Subscriber
I am located in northwest NJ and I pick up Atlantic Health on multiple sites including Netcong, Washington, Randolph, Martinsville, and Walpack from home. When I am mobile I get them on Passaic County, West Orange, and Union County sites for sure.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

i’m looking for information on the NJICS forum regarding Atlantic Health EMS. When I am in the Jackson area of New Jersey, I am hearing Atlantic EMS units speaking with dispatch which is coming off the Bordentown simulcast site. I know they have paramedic units that are based out of CentraState hospital.

I also know that their primary coverage is in Union County, Morris County as well as Somerset. They even go as far as North New Jersey.
When I am at home, I’m picking up the Holmdel site. I occasionally hear Atlantic Medic units Being dispatched but not always. I understand that a unit has to be affiliated with that specific tower in order to hear the unit.

Does anyone know, what the primary simulcast site that Atlantic EMS is affiliated with? Is it Union County simulcast? Is it New Brunswick simulcast?

Obviously the reason I’m asking is because I’m not constantly hearing those units on my radio like the state police. Hackensack Meridian health EMS units are always transmitting and I’m able to receive them all the time. I’m just wondering if it would be in my best interest to put in a control channel for Union County simulcast if that is their primary go to site?

Anyone with experienced knowledge of this particular TG and entity would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Wonder if you saw this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.