New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvnews

Premium Subscriber
Newark Fire switched to state 700 today!

Hi, I understand that Newark Fire switched to the state 700 system today. Anyone have any info on this? It seems I am going to have to do a lot of cramming to get up to speed on this 700 system.

WB2CMN

tvnews

Premium Subscriber
Newark Fire

Newark FD,

OK I see Newark FD has migrated to the state 700 system. Is the GRE 800 the only radio that will hear that?

I THINK Elizabeth Police may be going onto that system soon.

On another subject: With all the changes in NJ public safety I am thinking about renting on a statewide Mototrbo system. I would operate a state wide buff radio. Each user would buy his own radio from our vender and would have to pay around 25-30 dollars a month. I would collect that monthly fee by the year to pay the vender. It would be like this system Home Page but not associated.

Anyone on here interested in such a system?

WB2CMN

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Newark Fire has upgrade to digital as of the week of Aug. 19, 2013.

If anyone was not aware.

While I can pull the system from the RR Database - http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7021 I am not able to hear anything, so I assume it is Phase II already.

I do hear several other communications on the scanner, but, not Newark so far. The feed provider seems to have already updated their scanner and is broadcasting the feed.

I'm not a happy camper.

Last edited:
Newark FD,

OK I see Newark FD has migrated to the state 700 system. Is the GRE 800 the only radio that will hear that?

I THINK Elizabeth Police may be going onto that system soon.

On another subject: With all the changes in NJ public safety I am thinking about renting on a statewide Mototrbo system. I would operate a state wide buff radio. Each user would buy his own radio from our vender and would have to pay around 25-30 dollars a month. I would collect that monthly fee by the year to pay the vender. It would be like this system Home Page but not associated.

Anyone on here interested in such a system?

WB2CMN

Dean:

Statewide Mototrbo system? Meaning statewide coverage? From how many sites? Will radios automatically switch to the closest site, or will users have to change frequencies as they travel?

How would the coverage of your proposed system differ from coverage currently experienced by users of Metro Fire Radio and NJ Metro Fire Photographers respective systems?

Sounds great, but would like more details.

Tony - ENS car 5252 (a blast from the past)

W2SJW

Database Admin
Only the PSR-800 will receive the TDMA talkgroups.

You are going to have a hell of a time figuring out the base & offset tables needed to make the Pro-96 work on the system with the standard FDMA talkgroups...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk 4

As far as newark fire dispatch goes.I can still hear dispatch on the old vhf 154.130mhz system.It appears that they will keep it running for a bit longer as near by city's/towns are not equiped with the new 700mhz plan yet.So the old vhf system most likey will stay on during mutual aid responses for direct communications when entering the city.

Newark fire dispatch seems to still be on the old vhf system154.130mhz simulcasting,It may be needed for mutual aid responses into the city during major incidents/fires as nearby city's/towns are not equiped with their new 700mhz system

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
In regards to talk group 4131 this is what is listed in the database.

4131 1023 T PSIC REMU 1 NJPSIC Radio Electronics Maintenance Unit 1 Public Works

I only hear police operations on this talk group.
What agency it is, I am not sure.
Can someone give a listen to this talk group and see if they can identify it.

Thank You

Salvation

I know this is all still getting worked out but anyone else getting the NJSP stuff at all? I cant pick up the 800mhz system in Tuckerton whatsoever but can pick up the 700mhz system. Using a Pro197 and I am not a whiz with this stuff..

AC2OY

Newark fire dispatch seems to still be on the old vhf system154.130mhz simulcasting,It may be needed for mutual aid responses into the city during major incidents/fires as nearby city's/towns are not equiped with their new 700mhz system

So that was them I heard the other night then? Thank you I thought I was hearing things.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Some Newark radios I have IDed from listening to the feed on here and with Pro96Com:

714030 - Engine 13
714041 - Ladder 6
714086 - Battalion 3
714991 - Fire Dispatch

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Some Newark radios I have IDed from listening to the feed on here and with Pro96Com:

714030 - Engine 13
714041 - Ladder 6
714086 - Battalion 3
714991 - Fire Dispatch

I have well over 20 IDed. I'm trying to catch them on their roll call of all mobile/portable radios at 0900, but I keep getting pulled. l'll get 'em and get them over to John for his spreadsheet in the wiki.

tvnews

Premium Subscriber
Mototrbo

Wow been a long time!

Yes, i'm looking into a a trunking multi site Mototrbo system. Waiting for a sales person to call me back.

Have you got a head-start maybe on such a system?

I spend some of my time here in Eliz and some time in ocean county so that is my personal need for wide area coverage.

Dean

UOTE=railtrailbiker;2028185]Dean:

Statewide Mototrbo system? Meaning statewide coverage? From how many sites? Will radios automatically switch to the closest site, or will users have to change frequencies as they travel?

How would the coverage of your proposed system differ from coverage currently experienced by users of Metro Fire Radio and NJ Metro Fire Photographers respective systems?

Sounds great, but would like more details.

Tony - ENS car 5252 (a blast from the past)[/QUOTE]

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
It's probably time that I split off the county ID's in the ID list to their own tabs. I will probably work on doing that next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.