New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

As I get older and more salty, I’ve found myself listening less and less. I do still enjoy listening to the FD though...Maybe because that’s where I first started when I was 16. But at home my radios for the most part stay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. The agency I retired from, is f/t encrypted . I still listen to the fire radio, all day,except for sleep. LOL.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
On the way home from a job site this afternoon:

Union County Site
TG: 2223 / RID 1348

Discussion between the dispatcher and a unit about notification from a hospital regarding a medication overdose. Should be Human Resources Police South (800 TGID 35568).

markjrenna

I'm no longer hearing North Caldwell and Essex Fells Police on their analog channels. Maybe they are NJICS full time?

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I'm no longer hearing North Caldwell and Essex Fells Police on their analog channels. Maybe they are NJICS full time?
Just curious, how long have they been quiet on their VHF channels? Indeed they could have switched full time NJICS or its possible IMHO just been quiet day radio traffic wise for them. :rolleyes:?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If they have a talkgroup on the NJICS, why would they continue to operate on VHF? Unless they had a patch in place for the transition to 700, it doesn't make much sense to spend all that money on new radios only to continue to linger on the old VHF channels. :unsure:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
If they have a talkgroup on the NJICS, why would they continue to operate on VHF? Unless they had a patch in place for the transition to 700, it doesn't make much sense to spend all that money on new radios only to continue to linger on the old VHF channels. :unsure:

True, I have already noted and made changes to the DB. Also for the interim, it remains to be "heard" if the old analog frequencies are now regulated as "local" and or "back up" channels. I mark them as such until otherwise directed via forum post or DB submission. :coffee:(y):cool:

markjrenna

I hear them on my G4/G5 NJICS and nothing on my 536 on the analog channels. I will keep an eye on it.

ansky

FWIW, I still hear Bloomfield on their old analog channels.

markjrenna

Hearing Bloomfield on NJICS currently as well... Assume they went the North Caldwell Essex Fells route and will drop the analog down the road.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
FWIW, I still hear Bloomfield on their old analog channels.
Ansky, not to doubt you, what are your hearing on Bloomfield old analog channels? Routine dispatches, tac or "local" comms, patch from NJICS?
So far I have only monitored them on their NJICS Talkgroups. I have their old analog channels in my 536 and have not locked them out to see if they are still using them basically as a "back up" or "local" to NJICS. It could be when I do listen, but i have not heard a thing since the switch over. Clarification please.
THANKS

ansky

Ansky, not to doubt you, what are your hearing on Bloomfield old analog channels? Routine dispatches, tac or "local" comms, patch from NJICS?
So far I have only monitored them on their NJICS Talkgroups. I have their old analog channels in my 536 and have not locked them out to see if they are still using them basically as a "back up" or "local" to NJICS. It could be when I do listen, but i have not heard a thing since the switch over. Clarification please.
THANKS

I actually don't listen to Bloomfield regularly, but last week I definitely heard them using the old channel 1. I tuned in this afternoon for about an hour and didn't hear anything at all (PD or FD) so maybe that was just a fluke on analog.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Logged a Rutgers PD radio getting denied on TG 6093 from Holmdel site. Anyone have any clues about that TG?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They're not even in the 5000 block yet. Probably either a bad decode, or a typo in the codeplug.

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
The new Bearcat SDS100 scanner decodes this system excellent. If you are thinking about upgrading to scan this system better, consider the Bearcat SDS100.

Status
Not open for further replies.