New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
How is it doing on the West Orange Simulcast ? That site had been pretty bad for the majority of non I/Q based scanners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
How is it doing on the West Orange Simulcast ? That site had been pretty bad for the majority of non I/Q based scanners.

Absolutely perfect on NJICS West Orange. I also get Morris county and Wayne perfectly as well. My HP 2 could not bring those two in even with a roof mounted antenna.

So far I am very impressed. Mine does have the “hum” though.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Bloomfield is keeping their old system in place and will still use it time to time especially for back up my information comes directly from the Bloomfield Fire Department.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Some kind of testing on 4825
They keep repeating the same test phrase over and over.
give a listen .

mrkelso

West Orange is coming in Strong. i am in the NE corner of NJ.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
:unsure:Well if I did not monitor it myself this past Sunday night, but I did ...
Bloomfield PD HQ to EMS on "their" old UHF PD Ch 1 !
Therefore, the older data will be put back into the DB today.(y):cool:

minasha

I agree the SDS 100 works extremely well on the NJICS system. However if you try to receive analog VHF and UHF channels it is a joke.
No sensitivity and low tinny audio. The Unication G5 has an internal antenna for UHF and it works much better than the sds 100 with an external antenna. I wish Uniden would have put more effort in this model that has such a high price.

mondaro

Feed Provider
:unsure:Well if I did not monitor it myself this past Sunday night, but I did ...
Bloomfield PD HQ to EMS on "their" old UHF PD Ch 1 !

Therefore, the older data will be put back into the DB today.(y):cool:

Why are the older data taken out in the first place ??? it should not be I for one on Bloomfield said they are keeping their old system in place, after talking directly to them, people, agencies that switch should have I back up this 700 system is not the end all of NJ public safety radio no matter what anyone tells you.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
I agree the SDS 100 works extremely well on the NJICS system. However if you try to receive analog VHF and UHF channels it is a joke.
No sensitivity and low tinny audio. The Unication G5 has an internal antenna for UHF and it works much better than the sds 100 with an external antenna. I wish Uniden would have put more effort in this model that has such a high price.
Exactly!! I had the same exact thing with my SDS100

kmilcar76

I have few questions I have a police scanner I live in Nassau County NY with my scanner I program nj introp frequencies with the simulcast Control with the mobile site and its not showing the bar so how do I do it?

KC2KQH

Hey everybody,

I just started monitoring NJICS with OP25 again this week.

I keep seeing TG 4929 on the Berlin site. It's not in the DB, doesn't come up in this thread according to search, and so far I've yet to grab the volume knob fast enough to hear the traffic clearly. Anyone been able to catch this and know what it might be?

ansky

As far as NJ spending your not alone so don't feel bad, better yet you should be asking you town fathers why they are spending the money to switch in the first place, and most are not going to tell you it's so "E" can be implemented at some point.

I don't think encryption has much to do with it. The vast majority of towns that have switched to NJICS over the years are not using encryption aside from a select few tactical channels. Towns like Montclair and Belleville switched over 4-5 years ago and are in the clear. If they were making the switch for the purpose of "E" they would have done so by now.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What site would be best to receive in mid Rockland County, NY?
The system is not designed to provide coverage into the middle of Rockland County. You'll have to answer this for yourself by determining which site, if any, you can reliably receive from your location. I suggest taking a look at the NJICS site map in the wiki to get an idea of which sites are nearest to you. Don't expect to hear a ton of diverse talkgroups on either of those sites if you are able to receive them, as they are standalone sites carrying fairly limited traffic for local users.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I've cleaned-up this thread of all the off-topic conversations that's unrelated to the subject at hand.

This thread is about the NJICS - not about debating the merits of keeping older infrastructure online or anything else unrelated.

Please try and keep the thread on-topic.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
Are snow plow talk groups used for this system in south jersey Moorestown New Jersey

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Are snow plow talk groups used for this system in south jersey Moorestown New Jersey
State DOT operates exclusively on the NJICS, so you'll want to listen to the DOT South Maintenance talkgroups. The plows generally operate on the various "Crew" talkgroups, or the Seasonal Contractors talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.