New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM

Premium Subscriber
As a side note, Site 25 East Rutherford had all of their frequencies change, except the primary control channel as listed. The update was submitted to the database.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
I know Millburn Fire and EMS are testing with new radios on the statewide system. I got it on good authority today that Millburn Police will be making the switch as well. No time frame, I was told the purchase order hase to be submitted so it could be sooner then later. Unknown on encryption, I certainly hope not.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Decided to drive around the Pine Barrens yesterday, and found the Control Channel (774.60625) for Site 21 to be pinned green on Unitrunker in the area of New Lisbon by Brendan T Byrne SF and the intersection of Rts. 70/72. When I drove around last year looking for the location of this site, I thought it would be in the Red Lion area, but the signal is weak there. Perhaps Site 21 is permanent for coverage in the Pemberton/New Lisbon area? Agencies passing Phase 1 & 2 voice traffic on this site included DEP, MONOC, DOT and NJ Transit from the hour that I ran the system.

joedisp

Premium Subscriber
I know Millburn Fire and EMS are testing with new radios on the statewide system. I got it on good authority today that Millburn Police will be making the switch as well. No time frame, I was told the purchase order hase to be submitted so it could be sooner then later. Unknown on encryption, I certainly hope not.

It a good possibility there will be encryption on the PD side. They are also looking to put a BDA in the mall to increase the coverage.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Can anybody who has a free minute plug TGID 4593 in and see if they recognize the agency talking? It’s sounds like something public works related with Bergen “county” RIDs.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Can anybody who has a free minute plug TGID 4593 in and see if they recognize the agency talking? It’s sounds like something public works related with Bergen “county” RIDs.

“904 road department” has been mentioned.... also just heard this agency clearing from a MV accident on route 17 south in Rochelle Park, possibly Bergen county roads dept?

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
About 15 minutes ago I heard a county agency call in a mva same location on tg 104 on the Bergen County TRS. FYI, Chuck.

County fire marshal signing on now, talking about a fire alarm at the police academy in mahwah.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Also logged TGID 4501 with RID 12894. No idea who that would belong to.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
TGID 4419 - Logged Passaic County Sheriff RIDs, and only those, throughout the day (1600xxx). Earlier today there were a few transmissions in the clear for radio checks and then almost everything was ENC later in the day.

Tac-1

Cranford Fire switched over to NJICS today they will be dispatched by Union County on the county fire dispatch TG

Tac-1

Cranford FD will be using FG-6 TG 4629
they are also dispatching Cranford EMS on County Fire Disp and FG 6

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Cranford FD will be using FG-6 TG 4629
they are also dispatching Cranford EMS on County Fire Disp and FG 6
Any idea what's happening to he "old" Fire and EMS UHF and VHF frequencies for Cranford? Local/NJICS Backup or discontinued - depreciated?
Thanks!:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.