New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I am also hearing from a contact that Livingston Police is two weeks away from switching over to NJICS with encryption. :-(

slingshot202

Feed Provider
West Orange is sure to follow... Looks like suburban Essex towns could be going full encryption.. as they migrate to the NJICS from their old frequencies.
Not sure why they need encrpytion, must have been the salesmen...as I have said, told Livingston will be encrypted too and going by new year.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
No township really needs their primary dispatch channel to be encrypted... A secondary channel that is encrypted would be expected... I have been monitoring suburban Essex for 35 years as I have a share a home in Livingston... Truly a dark era for this hobby...

ansky

West Orange is sure to follow... Looks like suburban Essex towns could be going full encryption.. as they migrate to the NJICS from their old frequencies.

Or you can just look at actual facts and see that Montclair, Fairfield, Bloomfield, Essex Fells are all on NJICS and none of them are using encryption (at least not on their main dispatch channels)

ansky

I am also hearing from a contact that Livingston Police is two weeks away from switching over to NJICS with encryption. :-(

2 weeks seems unlikely. They would have been heard testing by now if any changeover was imminent.

ansky

I am speaking about the Millburn-Livingston-West Orange Area.. that is my main focus.

Ok, but that is all speculation. The only one we know is Millburn being encrypted. Livingston is a complete rumor at this point and there has been no factual information whatsoever about West Orange moving to NJICS, let alone going encrypted.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Cape May County, New Jersey, hired V-COMM to help expand the county’s 700 megahertz (MHz) Project 25 (P25) system in conjunction with New Jersey’s Public Safety Interoperable Communications (PSIC) network.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
Some logging notes to share......

4423 - Passaic County Sheriff RIDs, no audio.
4833 - Millburn RIDS, no audio.
4453 - NJIT PD, clear. Sounded like a "channel 2" or "info" channel, units requesting/giving information on car stops, etc.
1057 - Essex "County" RIDs. Radio checks between unknown ranked units.
4951 - NJSP RIDs, no audio.
4697 - Union Township RIDs, Full-time E.
3447 - I've been logging this TGID for a while. RIDs are consistently around 633x.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ

4453 - NJIT PD, clear. Sounded like a "channel 2" or "info" channel, units requesting/giving information on car stops, etc.
3447 - I've been logging this TGID for a while. RIDs are consistently around 633x.
Which transmitter site are you logging these on?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
4453 I have listed as NJITPD Channel 2. I probably made that determination by the affiliations
1057 I have listed as Essex DOC Channel 3, this is based on the 800 System side TGID

I also just submitted these 2:
4929 Bridgeton PD Channel 3 (Encrypted)
4947 Cumberland County Sheriff (Encrypted)

fonsecaj

Premium Subscriber
I've been volunteering the Millburn PD dispatch feed for the last 5 years or so. I've never really been that active of a listener, so it wasn't until yesterday when I got a trouble report that I noticed there was no audio on it. I saw last night that they migrated to the NJICS P25 system and was going to set up my scanner to monitor the new system. I saw this thread on the main Radioreference site and read a few pages back that Millburn PD was now full time encrypted.

That's disappointing. I've been told be a few MPD officers over the years that they listen to my feed on their way to a shift or after to see what's happening. Guess those days are over.

So it's confirmed that Millburn is now full time E?

Thanks,
John

fonsecaj

Premium Subscriber
Nevermind... I answered my own dumb question using the magical power of the search tool.
I already opened a ticket with Broadcastify to take down the Millburn PD feed.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber

3447 - REMU was testing NJSP Consoles the times I've logged it.
4697 - Union Township PD 4, unknown use. Strapped Enc.
4833 - Believed to be Millburn-Short Hills Volunteer EMS future ops TG or at least simulcast, unconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.